50 posts... SENIOR MEMBER?! NOOOO!!!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by pante, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    so i have an idea...

it's really hard to call a senior member someone who wrote only 50 posts (this is the number when you become a SM, yep?).
    maybe we will change it a bit? i don't know how... maybe 200 posts gives a SM title? or 500?

cause how can you call us, posters with over 1000 posts? GURU member? ;)

any ideas how can we solve this situation?

2. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    0 - Junior.
    30 - Member.
    100 - Senior.

I'm pretty sure.

3. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    no.
    there is only junior member and senior member.
    and moderator and administrator of course... :)

EDIT: but 30 is probably the border.

4. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    50 = Senior?

I would say 100 = Senior

5. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Nope.

Mew 2468 is correct

6. schooze

schooze Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Nope I have over 50 and I'm no Seinor Member despite having an account since October.

7. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    ok, my bad.

but we should still change rules a bit. :)

8. goblues11

Oct 12, 2008
    Yeah we should have additional titles for 500 posts 1,000 posts, etc. or make the requirements to become a senior member higher

9. schooze

schooze Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Then I'll never be a Senior Member.

10. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    that's exactly what i mean.

11. goblues11

Oct 12, 2008
    Try to PM arn to ask him about it

12. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    but first we have to think about a certain ideas.
    will wait to see some +500 posters sharing their opinions.

13. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Well, maybe set it up differently. By going with the vBulletin defaults, it limits to 3. He can change how it is set up, and make it say iPhone amatuer, iPhone trainee, iPhone fan, iPhone master, etc. Just an example.

14. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Karma, maybe? Have a karma of 20 and 250 posts, voila, you're a senior member!!! The system might get a little complex, though...

15. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Why go on the premise of how many posts you have? This actually means nothing within this forum. *Omg....downloading now* is not really a show of anything other than some interaction. I've seen newbies post over 1000 in a few days. So why have your post number reflect titles?

There can be more inventive ways to show member status:
    Why not give out classifications to who's got the most of certain type of games? (Can show proof by posting their purchase history). Or who plays the most w/ high scores? Or how many games a person has total?...... Theres a lot of other different ways of getting a title than merely using ones number of posts........we can think BIGGER! (Of course this might be all too much for arn to deal with)

oh yea.....I'm not saying this cuz of my 100 or 200? something post. I don't look at it posts count much just the value of the post content.

16. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    What an enlightening take on things.

Am I missing something? These titles only seem to massage the egos of a few around here. I mean, who f#?&@n cares. Let's try to lose the constraints of a class system and just talk about games or whatever.

17. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Well I haven't had a problem as it has been, but I would be interested if arn was planning on changing it. What would you want like a ratings system? Or just some different member titles...?

18. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Yea.......your missing the point of anyone can post their thought or ideas even if its not to your satisfaction. And you seemed to care enough to post something here. Of course with just 52 post maybe your trying to bloat it up with your unwanted rants. If you would have READ MY POST you have found I'm inclined to be impartial to post counts and simply suggesting other alternatives to a suggestion someone brought to the table.

19. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    While reading through the first page of this I was thinking the exact same thing as you coldar. Post count is in no way an indicator of post quality...in fact, if anything a high post count would suggest that that person did a lot of spamming - not exactly a mark of prestige

20. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Hmmm.... I'm not sure what your driving at. I was agreeing with you (which is why I used the word enlightening).
    The point I was trying to make was, I ALSO agree that counts don't show if you actually contribute quality rather than quantity.
    Wasn't trying to boost my count, seeing as I don't really care about numbers or titles:) sorry though that I tried to contribute to this discussion, seeing as you deemed my response "unwanted".