Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-28-2013, 05:06 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,576
Default Social Group Moderation Help

Got a few questions -
1) how do I edit/undelete posts as owner?
2) will it ever be possible to have more than one"group mod" and/or be able to move posts into different threads?
3) is it possible to sticky threads?

We've been getting a lot of activity lately, and being able to do that, especially the multiple owner thing and editing, would be really handy.

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, I beleive vBulletin already supports this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...mod-privileges

Last edited by JBRUU; 07-28-2013 at 08:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Got a few questions -
1) how do I edit/undelete posts as owner?
2) will it ever be possible to have more than one"group mod" and/or be able to move posts into different threads?
3) is it possible to sticky threads?

We've been getting a lot of activity lately, and being able to do that, especially the multiple owner thing and editing, would be really handy.
Why would you want to be a moderator of a social group? Just because you are the owner of a social group does not give you the powers to edit people's posts here, I think that would be obvious.

The proper way would be to report someone's post, have a moderator look it, and they will edit, delete or ban the user.

Last edited by Connector; 07-28-2013 at 07:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:28 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Why would you want to be a moderator of a social group? Just because you are the owner of a social group does not give you the powers to edit people's posts here, I think that would be obvious.

The proper way would be to report someone's post, have a moderator look it, and they will delete or ban the user.
That's not the way social groups are run.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
That's not the way social groups are run.
Well, why don't you explain it to me, cause I am curious too. What rights do owners have in social groups?

I can't believe just because you are an owner means that one is able to edit people's posts. I would think that people posting in any social group would feel safe not having someone else rather than a real TA mod edit their posts.

Otherwise, any owner of any social group would have the ability to post people' s comments and this could have some huge negative consequences.

I know I am not an owner of a group as you, so I do not know the rights of owners, but I would be severely opposed to having someone other than a TA mod edit my posts here on TA, cause like it or not, a social group is still a part of TA, and ultimately, the process would seem to be as any other forum or thread here, report the post, a TA mod will look at it, and edit, delete or ban the item in question.

Maybe you could comment on the rights of social group owners, what can they do? Thanks.

Last edited by Connector; 07-28-2013 at 07:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:04 PM
k1lljoy_89 k1lljoy_89 is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Look out your window.
Posts: 5,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
what rights do owners have in social groups?.
Literally none.

This thread also sucks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1lljoy_89 View Post
Literally none.

This thread also sucks.
What is a group mod mean then?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:17 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,576
Default

Unless you can answer my questions or have something to add to the discussion, I'm not interested in this becoming a social group pros and cons thread.

While I'm on the subject of missing features, why is the TA forum version so outdated?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
What is a group mod mean then?
To answer your question, a group mod is the member who owns the group; they are considered moderators in that group and have most of the powers associated with that title. If you have an issue with that, please create a serparate thread.

Last edited by JBRUU; 07-28-2013 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:19 PM
k1lljoy_89 k1lljoy_89 is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Look out your window.
Posts: 5,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I'm not interested in this becoming a social group pros and cons thread.
No one said anything about social groups pros or cons.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Unless you can answer my questions or have something to add to the discussion, I'm not interested in this becoming a social group pros and cons thread.

While I'm on the subject of missing features, why is the TA forum version so outdated?

To answer your question, a group mod is the member who owns the group; they are considered moderators in that group and have most of the powers associated with that title. If you have an issue with that, please create a serparate thread.
I will have to agree with kj, I don't see any discussion here about the pros vs cons of social groups.

Now, you bring up the topic of the old TA version of forum software, I think the answer is clear, it would cost alot, be hard to port over, and there probably would be some technical issues. But yes, since you mentioned it, maybe TA can answer, I suppose.

Last edited by Connector; 07-28-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:29 PM
k1lljoy_89 k1lljoy_89 is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Look out your window.
Posts: 5,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
But yes, since you mentioned it, maybe TA can answer, I suppose.
That was kind of the idea.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent