Universal Planar Conquest (by Shortbreak Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Thanks for the reply and recommendation. Yes, I was hoping for landscape. Thanks!

2. Nina_cooks

Nina_cooks Active Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I wish we could choose the starting plane of our home city. So we could play unhallowed with all the planes but start on the prime plane. Or dark elves on paradise.

I like to play with all the planes except the fire plane. I do not with the fire plane because it is so dark.

3. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    That would actually be neat, dont know how hard it would to implement that, i'd assume not so much but im no programmer.

4. doomtrader

doomtrader Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    game developer
    Poland
    We have submitted 1.3.2b to publisher, so hopefully it will be available before the weekend.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hey, look who's still alive and kicking, and with good news to boot ;) Welcome back, doomtrader!
    If you have time, think you can give an outline what's still on your roadmap, say till end of 2017, with special attention for any enhancements (as opposed to bugfixes)? Would really appreciate that.

6. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    We need a PC version graphics setting option for our A9/A10 devices ;)

7. Nina_cooks

Nina_cooks Active Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Anybody else find it is possible to have two of the same heros. I summon one Aledar Madar(summon champion) and then was able to hire a second Aledar Madar from an inn.

8. doomtrader

doomtrader Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    game developer
    Poland
    The next patch is available

9. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    Did this game ever get updated for iPad Pro 12.9 support?

10. Nina_cooks

Nina_cooks Active Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Thank you #

11. superdanface

superdanface New Member

May 10, 2017
    #1751 superdanface, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Awesome game, definitely loving it. One small issue though, how do you remove volcanoes? I've had a couple of larger games wrecked by Armageddon.

I wasn't able to disjunction it the first time(maybe because I hadn't encountered that sorcerer before) and the second time I didn't realize it was up and my plane was toast.

If there isn't a current spell/mechanic to remove volcanoes can one be added? Also can you use disjunction to dispel a global from a sorcerer you haven't made contact with yet?

12. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    How much do I hurt myself by auto-resolving battles?

I feel like the city management and army movement in this game make a great 4X game but I don't feel that the tactical HoMM style combat (which I love in its own right) fits in.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    In short, A LOT.

Even after all the hours I put into PQ, I still don’t really know how the game resolves autocombat. Sometimes you autowin a battle that’s unwinnable in manual combat, the next day your army of highlevel troops gets massacred by what looked like easy prey.
    One thing I am fairly certain about is that autocombat does not take spells - both from you and your units - into account.

If you want easier and faster combat, try to go for some overkill units asap. You can find some strategies in the guide I pointed you to earlier.

However, it does make an interesting challenge to only use autocombat: your army composition needs to be different, you can focus a lot more on non-combat spells, not rely only on a handful of overpowered units, etc. Just be prepared that you’ll lose way more units than in manual combat.

14. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Can anyone tell me where the fudge this game has gone please? No longer on AppStore and no longer in my purchased list. I ‘offloaded’ the app a while ago to free up some space. Just tried redownloading and t says it’s no longer available on the AppStore and nothing showing up when I search my purchased history. Really pissed at this - bought the game for full price and was saving it in my back log to play more when I had the time. Anyone know if Apple refunds for games removed from the store?!

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I asked the dev team about that a bit ago, noticed cause I wanted to get it for my son too :)
    Looks like their publisher bumbled it, and they expect it to be back in a few weeks or so under their own name.
    Fingers crossed they follow through with that. I got so much playtime out of it, I don't even mind paying for it again.

16. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Thanks for letting me know. It’s a great game, with heaps of content and replayability but I won’t be double dipping for this. I know there are things outside their control but I sincerely hope they don’t expect us to pay for the game again - new name and ‘tweaks’, or not. I’ve already paid for the game (apparently not!) and I should be able to play it on the device I purchased it for (also, apparently not!). I hope the devs are reading this - I, and I’m sure many others, will be annoyed at having to buy it again. I live in hope that they will provide a free key for those of us with iTunes invoices that can prove our original purchase - would be a nice gesture? I guess asking for the additional DLC I purchased to be included is probably too much though!

17. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    NZ, thanks for the update. I already spent $20 on the game (or more?) If they ask legacy owners to pay for the game and DLC again under another publisher, I won't pay for it again. I already got burned with the $6.99 Titan Quest and when the game switched owners, I didn't fork over my mula.

18. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015

Talbs likes this.
  19. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Just realized this was off the store as well. Got a new phone and wanted to throw it on and... lo and behold my shock. Yes, I’ve paid good money for this and DLC crap. I loved it. But I will not double-dip for that steep of an investment. If they shed a little off the asking price for the PC version as an alternative, that I would be okay with. However... I’ve been burned multiple times and while I know this is out of their hands now (my angry email to them didn’t at the time) there is ZERO a communication from the devs on the matter that I can find easily locatable.

Please bring this back, I’m sure that’s asking much, but don’t make me buy it again please. It’s a great game, but even the greatest games can suffer from this. glhf

stubbieoz and eugenemcardle like this.
  20. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ

Looks like it is back on the store now, at $8.99. Not including DLC. Sad Booch is sad. :/