What was your first iPhone/iPod Touch game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LBG, Jun 12, 2009.

1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #1 LBG, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
    It's been a long time now, since the App Store was launched, and even longer since games started popping up on jailbroken devices.

I am just wondering what everyones first game was on their iPhone/iPod Touch, whether it was paid or free, jailbroken or from the App store, it doesn't matter.

Personally, the first game I ever played on my original iPhone, was a very early build of Raging Thunder yhat was only playable in portrait view that had been released on jailbroken device stores (I have forgotten what the store thing is called cidia? or something? It is a long time since I had my iPhone jailbroken, now it is de-jailbroken.)

The first game I ever downloaded off the App store was Blue Skies Lite.

If you can't remember, you can go onto STORE - VIEW MY ACCOUNT then you can choose the option to view your purchase history.

My Purchase history for the first month:

[​IMG]

Edit - am actually quite shocked, looking through my app purchases to find that I spent loads of money on crappy apps and games when the app store was first launched. If I had know how the games would develop to the current standard, I probably wouldn't have bought so many crappy games, lol.

Attached Files:

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    My first 2 were Beer Bounce(Quarters) and Cro-Mag Rally, 2 games that I still consider great today.

3. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Touchgrind

Downloaded it right before my honeymoon last year and it was an awesome distraction while waiting around or sitting in the hotel room.

4. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Mine was Cannon Challenge, I was cheap and excited that I could get free games. :p
    Then my first paid app was Moto Chaser. (Because it was #1 in the app store) :p

5. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    mine was superball and those hudson games that went free for some game events

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, that was one of my first ones also. It was a pretty successful game.

7. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Mine was Gameloft's RealSoccer 2009. I actually saw a gameplay video on YouTube, assumed it was a PSP game, and when I found out it was an iDevice game, I bought my Touch! :)

8. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I love katamari and spore:(

9. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I don't remember which one I actually got first, but I got Hydro Tilt and Penguin Catapult Lite on the same day.

10. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Super Monkey Ball!

Good graphics, sucky control scheme, deleted.

11. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    My first game was Super Monkey Ball. I remember being really impressed with the loading screen, ha. It was so colorful and sharp, plus I was probably just really excited to play a game on my phone. After about 10-15 minutes of playing with it my excitement for the game had dulled quite a bit. Didn't really care for the control scheme. Either way, I don't regret buying it :D

12. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Haha, I think loads of people bought that (or even an iPod Touch) because of the TV ad. I never bought it though, I am not a fan of SMB. Something about monkeys in a transparent ball rolling round, collecting bannanas doesn't really seem appealing to me.

13. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Mine were Labyrinth and Dizzy Bee which I bought on 17th July 2008 at 18:17! Labyrinth was £3.99 and Dizzy Bee was £1.79.

So there you go, a couple of pretty admirable purchases, although I can't say the same for a lot of the 300+ games I now have:eek:

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Oh, yeah, you just reminded me about Labyrinth. It was one of the first games I played on my iPhone before the App Store existed. I suppose you could call it an accelrometer game trailblazer for the iPhone/iPod Touch. I remember being so stunned to find that I could tilt a little ball with my iPhone, now look where we are!

15. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    This is surprising - Tap Tap Revenge Classic.

16. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    The original one for Gamecube is amazing. Me and my brother played that for hours. We finally beat expert mode!

When I first got my iPod and downloaded Labyrinth, me and my parents thought it was probably the greatest thing in the world to have the ball roll the way you tilt it. Mobile gaming has made so much progress on the iPhone.

17. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    yeah, tell me about it. Honestly (and this is going to sound really sad I know), I didn't know about the accelerometer when I bought my iPod Touch! I bought it mainly to listen to my music, and also to look cool when someone from work asked me what I was doing on such and such a day, and I would flick open my Calender and look profoundly at my empty schedule:eek: So Labyrinth totally blew my socks off!

18. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Tap Tap was incredibly addictive, and I remember being very impressed with the rhythm game, even though rhythm ain't my thang normally. But it was my first, and, well, it was free at the time (even though the receipt says 'paid version'), which is probably why I bought it.

Now I'm addicted to it.

19. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah. I played it on my jailbroken iPhone before the App Store existed as a very early build and it was really buggy. Instead of 'tapping the beats', there were no beats so you had to tap to make a beat, which is really pointless, lol. Does anyone else remember this?

20. pfish3

pfish3 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    My first game was...

Super Monkey Ball!

I bought it the first day it came out and still think it's one of the best games available. You just need to get use to the controls. I got to the second to last level and still am going at it! I hope they come out with a second one!