Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-31-2014, 07:43 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Um... What happened to Ace of Blades?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:56 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to FireFruitForge

Hey guys,
The character feels a bit sad right now, because you picked on him so much. Well... with short legs animations are easier and the big head makes hats more visible, thats why.

We take stuff as card combinations or multiple characters into consideration, but the weapon still has to be a sword, since the game is called Spell Sword.

@Echeon
Awesome ideas, they fit pretty well to the actual game design. Especially charged attacks are worth to try.

About bosses:
Bosses are planned, but not extremely spectacular. Bosses have different attacks and movement cycles that repeat themself. Similar to bosses in Zelda in a smaller dimension.

Quote:
Will this be released by Everplay?
No. FireFruitForge is now indie.

Quote:
Um... What happened to Ace of Blades?
The original version of Ace Of Blades we worked on is cancelled.
We couldn't find a way to make the game fun enough.
The name though, still belongs to Everplay, so Everplay might finish a better version of the game together with another dev team.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

great! love the game ... would love having a wiki! still cant understand usage of all the items!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

image.jpg

But i really liked how the old character looked
Old 01-31-2014, 09:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFruitForge
Hey guys,
The character feels a bit sad right now, because you picked on him so much. Well... with short legs animations are easier and the big head makes hats more visible, thats why.
Might be the hair. I find it too pointy for the setting. Maybe if you tossed in shades lol Those hats will cover it up anyway

Quote:
We take stuff as card combinations or multiple characters into consideration, but the weapon still has to be a sword, since the game is called Spell Sword.
Multiple characters sounds good. At least a female one for the ladies. Not that high up my personal wishlist.

I considered the title myself and thought about different swords. Castlevania SOTN came to mind. The swords had different attack speeds, hit counts and range but it sounds too complex. It could work if you don't have any active cards. I still think unique skins and attached skills should suffice. Up to you guys though.

Thought about card combos. How about each card having an active and residual effect? On pick up, fire will give you stronger attacks plus the fireballs. If you pick up another card, you keep a smaller damage bonus plus the new card's active effect (like ice aura and shard burst). Picking up a third card will drop fire's damage bonus and replace it with the 2nd's residual effect (ice is a weaker aura). These effects last up to half of the current active card's max duration. Same cards stack. Sounds kinda imba but it's an idea.

^^^that idea could be like a frenzy mode or whatever you want to call it. Build up a meter and when it's full, cards grant residual powers like above.

Quote:
@Echeon
Awesome ideas, they fit pretty well to the actual game design. Especially charged attacks are worth to try.
Cool,
I'm gonna tell you this early I will test every build of the game you want to have tested. I loved the first so much and I still recommend it to this day.

I'll start throwing ideas for charged attacks if it'll be a thing.

Quote:
About bosses:
Bosses are planned, but not extremely spectacular. Bosses have different attacks and movement cycles that repeat themself. Similar to bosses in Zelda in a smaller dimension.
I guess as long as they're meatier than the rest and offer a bit of a challenge, it's all good.

I'm guessing stats will be attack, defense, health, luck and maybe speed?

Last edited by Echoen; 01-31-2014 at 09:58 AM..
Old 01-31-2014, 10:03 AM

I think the only weird part is his nose. Once his face is a bit more normal looking it'll be fine
Old 03-30-2014, 06:11 PM

Any updates?