Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-03-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
How accessible/easy is the handling on this? I've bought and deleted so many futuristic racers because I spend more time banging off the side rails and have little sense that I'm more than a spectator (ok - extreme example). One of my favorites on ios is Ground Effect, if this gives an idea of the handling I get along with.
Ground Effect was one of my favorite games. IMO the controls on this one don't compare. I like the game and I'm hoping it will improve with updates. I just feel like I'm not really in control of my vehicle, it's very "floaty" for want of a better word.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Default Developer Reply

Hello all!

I'm the developer of the game. Sorry I'm a bit late here! I really appreciate the screenshots showing the darkness on the new A7-based devices. It's most definitely a shader issue only arising on those new chips. It's having to do with a depth value being higher on those devices. As a result, the distance blend is working a bit too quickly. Whoever does well in that mode is certainly gifted with a special racing talent. =)

I did not have any A7 devices on hand before deployment. I'm a bit surprised Apple didn't see the issue. A patch for this issue will be deployed shortly (within 2 days, I would say). I'll keep you all updated! =)

Again, sorry for the delay. I've been in Android land (that port is nearly there; will run on Kindle Fire HD (~ICS devices and up)

Kyle White
Hyper Race Developer

Quote:
Playing on iPad Mini w/ Retina and I get the darkened tracks too. Hope it gets updated soon, I really want to like this game. Also does anyone know if this is the same developer that made Orion Racer on iPhone? Looks very similar, I really liked that game too.
Good spot! Yes, I worked on that game as well. Again, a patch is coming.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:27 PM
iPad Air

Awesome, thanks. Looking forward to finally give this one a proper try on the iPad.

It does work really well on the smaller iPhone screen though, so don't pass this up if don't have an iPad, and futuristic racers are your thing. Yes, there are your ping-pong between walls here and there until you get control of things. But the courses, the ones I've tried so far, have really great designs, fitting a racer like this (unlike so many other futu-racers with tracks that are designed like Mountain Biking tracks).
Old 01-05-2014, 09:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Default Fixed!

Issue resolved. Obscure change in A7 64bit OpenGL ES implementation meant that any non-square texture could not get mipmaps generated with the normal OpenGL ES calls. Performing my own reduction solved the issue.

I actually went ahead and implemented a smoother gyro method for better tilt input as well. I believe it's noticeably better. =) Startup time also improved, which will be most noticeable on older devices.

The update is being deployed now. You'll receive it whenever it's been approved by Apple. I really, really appreciate the feedback and info!

To those wondering about input for larger iPads and such: if your device seems a bit big for tilt, you can use touch steer as well (Activated in the Options screen).

Again, thank you so much. Also, I apologize to those in the dark still! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Or rather, the fog isn't as thick as it seems. Ok, I'll be quiet now.

Kyle White
Hyper Race Developer
Old 01-06-2014, 12:04 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by krworks View Post
Issue resolved. Obscure change in A7 64bit OpenGL ES implementation meant that any non-square texture could not get mipmaps generated with the normal OpenGL ES calls. Performing my own reduction solved the issue.

I actually went ahead and implemented a smoother gyro method for better tilt input as well. I believe it's noticeably better. =) Startup time also improved, which will be most noticeable on older devices.

The update is being deployed now. You'll receive it whenever it's been approved by Apple. I really, really appreciate the feedback and info!

To those wondering about input for larger iPads and such: if your device seems a bit big for tilt, you can use touch steer as well (Activated in the Options screen).

Again, thank you so much. Also, I apologize to those in the dark still! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Or rather, the fog isn't as thick as it seems. Ok, I'll be quiet now.

Kyle White
Hyper Race Developer
Cool, looking forward to the upgraded tilt controls.

Can you make the activate powerup, the left side of the screen for tilt controls? Having a problem on the ipad with it in the middle, seems like it would be more natural in the left side. Thxs.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Can you make the activate powerup, the left side of the screen for tilt controls? Having a problem on the ipad with it in the middle, seems like it would be more natural in the left side. Thxs.
+1. Let people place the buttons where they want to.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witedahlia View Post
Ground Effect was one of my favorite games. IMO the controls on this one don't compare. I like the game and I'm hoping it will improve with updates. I just feel like I'm not really in control of my vehicle, it's very "floaty" for want of a better word.
Thanks for this. I do have the future racing itch so will keep an eye on this thread to see if Kyle changes the controls. It may be just the way he wants for all I know and if so I wouldn't want him to change it just for me :-)
Old 01-08-2014, 02:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Default Update approved

Hello all,

Just an update.. on the update. Version 1.0.2 has been approved and is available for download! Aside from the A7 mipmap generation bug fixed, gyro-based controls were tweaked to allow for even smoother inputs, car durability was slightly tweaked (+30% less damage increments), and a bug in local replay ranking was fixed.

Thanks to the Touch Arcade community, I was able to get on this issue right away. I really appreciate you all!

Kyle White
Developer
Hyper Race
Old 01-08-2014, 02:32 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Default Update approved

Hello all,

Just an update.. on the update. Version 1.0.2 has been approved and is available for download! Aside from the A7 mipmap generation bug fixed, gyro-based controls were tweaked to allow for even smoother inputs, car durability was slightly tweaked (+30% less damage), and a bug in local replay ranking was fixed.

Thanks to the Touch Arcade community, I was able to get on this issue right away. I really appreciate you all!

Kyle White
Developer
Hyper Race
Old 01-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by krworks View Post
Hello all,

Just an update.. on the update. Version 1.0.2 has been approved and is available for download! Aside from the A7 mipmap generation bug fixed, gyro-based controls were tweaked to allow for even smoother inputs, car durability was slightly tweaked (+30% less damage), and a bug in local replay ranking was fixed.

Kyle White
Developer
Hyper Race
Tilt controls feel alot better now.

Now just hopeful that you can make the activate on the left side not the middle for tilt controls, that would be great!