Support our Sponsors:

Old 01-17-2014, 12:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Gift card contests??

Well just my opinion, about all those gift card contests.

Though it is great opportunity to get free gift cards, but dont the devs do it to create fake rating for their own game?

I dont feel that right.

Not necessarily everytime, some games are good but some aint and still they have good ratings.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:57 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I admit I'm not keen on them. I don't blame the devs but I blame the users who put a 5 star rating up for 'white square simulator' just to try and win the $10 voucher
Old 01-18-2014, 03:02 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I admit I'm not keen on them. I don't blame the devs but I blame the users who put a 5 star rating up for 'white square simulator' just to try and win the $10 voucher
Yup true.

This is wrong, an that is reason game creates fake ratings, which they dont deserve.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:53 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

I might ever joined these kind of contests but I always left honest review. Actually, it depends how user face it. Some users think if they left 5 star review, it will increase their chance for winning the prize. Actually, it doesn't. If the developer was truly looking for honest feedback, they will appreciate for the one who left honest review (suggestion and critique)
Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I find the whole idea a very low and disgusting practice indeed.

It is bribery and these dumb people slap a 5* review on in the tiny hope of getting something for nothing which in turn fills the App Store with 'scam' fake reviews which is certainly not good for prospective buyers.

The kiddies that go and stamp 5* reviews in the hope of winning something really need to wake up and smell reality.

Personally I will never download or buy ANY game by a company that resorts to this scam, even if they have a game I really want.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
I might ever joined these kind of contests but I always left honest review. Actually, it depends how user face it. Some users think if they left 5 star review, it will increase their chance for winning the prize. Actually, it doesn't. If the developer was truly looking for honest feedback, they will appreciate for the one who left honest review (suggestion and critique)
I dont believe at all they're looking for honest feedback, i mean thats what people do for free when they QA/beta test it. Its just a way of gathering lots of 5 star reviews. Very few people leave honest reviews, and even if they leave an honest review they wouldnt normally even bother with this game or write a review, they're just doing it to try and win some money.

I mean some of the games wanting this are a joke, they may be great games for babies/kids but i'm positive most of those people leaving 5 star reviews to try and win the voucher dont even have kids themselves and simply download the app to leave a review to try and win. Theres a lot of accounts who ONLY enter competitions

But this is one major reason why i hardly ever bother with any app store reviews now, just way too many fake ones.