Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-17-2014, 03:38 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piph View Post
How in the world do I wipe my progress and start a new game so I can see the improved tutorial and get a fresh start? I downloaded and tried the game way back when it first came our, but gave up by city 3 because I really couldn't understand what the 💩💩💩💩 was going on or what the point was. I'd love to replay it now, but can't figure out how to restart! I've deleted the game, gone through my icloud storage in settings and deleted the icloud save, and somehow the game will stay upon reinstalling that it has detected my icloud save and MUST use it.

So what the 💩💩💩💩?
You could probably have applied that effort toward learning more about the game than a tutorial would have offered.

The subtleties in the gameplay manifest more when you are purchasing permanent use of different turrets and are trying to optimize the combination of them, at which point a tutorial would be useless or at least too rudimentary to be worth sitting through. I'm sure plenty of people here have a good two cents to share about their turret choices and the gadgets they prefer to get anyway.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:39 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Does anyone know the effective range of the Green Proximity Repair core? Does it repair only the cores beside itself?

Can Rapid Fire upgrade core improve Repair core/ shield core?

Now I'm on Prestige 5 and 80M high score on survival mode City 5, but there are lots of things in this game that are still unclear of how they work. I'm trying to figure them out
Old 03-23-2014, 04:11 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryozeal View Post
Does anyone know the effective range of the Green Proximity Repair core? Does it repair only the cores beside itself?

Can Rapid Fire upgrade core improve Repair core/ shield core?

Now I'm on Prestige 5 and 80M high score on survival mode City 5, but there are lots of things in this game that are still unclear of how they work. I'm trying to figure them out
I don't really know, because I don't use those cores, but you should be able to tell by which other cores are getting the green regeneration animation. I always get the regeneration gadget, so I can't really test it right now either.

It should improve the repair core, but not the shield core since that's just another power-up rather than a turret.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:27 PM

hi, just curious does anyone take supercharger? does a 50% movement speed increase really make any difference? Has anyone written a guide about which are the best 'perks' to choose?
Old 06-16-2014, 04:29 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I very much like the old icon
Tryin 2 keep my Godzilla goin on here.
ThnX
Old 06-17-2014, 10:55 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Icon looks sorta blurry on my iPad2...
Old 07-02-2014, 10:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

If anyone is still here, I have couples of questions

1. Which do you guys think are the most useful Red and Blue cores?

2. Any strategies for dealing with tanks and boom trucks?

3. When you prestige, does the army grow stronger and more resilient or are they just increase in number?

4. Is the Black hole generator any good?
Old 07-14-2014, 03:00 PM

1st off, I couldn't agree more with whitewolf: bring back the roaring Colossatron icon!

eee, I tried Supercharger and found it harder to manage precise swapping on my tiny Touch screen, though if you're hurting it helps get you away faster toward the next area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashy View Post
1. Which do you guys think are the most useful Red and Blue cores?
Red, it's the Missile Launcher definitely 'cause of its range, decent firing rate, and solid damage. The Reaper was a wash, I thought, 'cause it's low damage and really doesn't withstand much itself, still. Cluster Bombs are slow, inaccurate, and have terrible range to the point they miss half the time as your snake moves along. Spread Shot's super weak.

Blue, definitely Lightning Spire for its range, speed, and that it can stun flying enemies which causes them to crash. It also targets below-ground turrets even while closed, on the pesky military bases. Tractor Beam is kick-ass for aerials but only drags tanks to .0 range with practically no damage so I found it overall counter-productive, though if you can manage it, mixing with Fire Nova could be interesting (see next question). Ice Cannon is super-weak.

Quote:
2. Any strategies for dealing with tanks and boom trucks?
Beefy Fire Nova units up-front really help against tank clusters especially if you have Focus Fire and/or Recoil and/or a Rapid Fire power-up. Just, stay on top of using it at every possible opportunity, which can become difficult as things get hectic.

I have heard people say Attack Drones work great for that as well, but the delay while they travel to a given cluster ruined it in my experience.

Quote:
3. When you prestige, does the army grow stronger and more resilient or are they just increase in number?
Both.

Quote:
4. Is the Black hole generator any good?
I found it helpful for the final 2 levels once it was lvl 3, but unless they are protected with shields, their damage won't outweigh the investment in units, IMO, plus their range is quite limited. That's why Fire Nova wins out for me over it, which also seems to do more damage.