Any iPad games like Fallout?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Avatre, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Any shooter/rpg for the iPad, most particularly with something like the VATS combat system? I'm not very good at aiming without a mouse. :rolleyes:

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I clicked on the thread thinking you are looking for games similar to the classic 3rd person, top down RPG. I guess that just TA's way to tell me im getting to old.

As for an iOS FPS game with a VATS system of sorts, there is none.

And since you are looking for RPG type FPS games without much aiming required, there are a few options, but these are turn-based if you are interested.

Doom RPG
    Wolfenstein RPG

I know there are a few more, but they arent FPS conversions anymore, but more traditional fantasy first person RPGs, with melee combat usually.

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Hey EP I thought the same thing. I personally haven't play the first two or tactics but I have them on my list on gog.com. :)

Just curious though, what were you going to recommend if looking for something similar to the first couple Fallout games?

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #4 Exact-Psience, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    Probably nothing you dont already know, and there isnt much options either. There's Baldur's Gate and KOTOR which are both for iPad.

As far as the mood goes, i somehow get the same vibe in Trial by Survival, Alien Shooter and Extraction Project, even though they are entirely different game genres. I guess Dead Ahead somehow gives me the same feel, but in a much lesser way.

I 'd like to think Deus Ex The Fall is somehow in the same vein, but the stealth-centric elements of the game overshadows the rest of its components.

There really isnt much in the post-apocalyptic theme in iOS games, other than Zombie Apocalypse, and Robot Apocalypse (EPOCH., comes to mind). Oh and then there's TheEndApp, which is one of my favorite endless runners ever. LOL

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just remembered... Mass Effect Infiltrator has a tap to aim system (it's a control option under... um... options.)

You might like it as a shooter without the usual aiming methods found in most shooters on iOS.

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Xenome is more mmo ish, but has a similar setting to fallout.

7. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    I feel as if none of the replies helped the OP much.

Simply put, there are no games like that out for iOS. At least, not yet.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I did mention that there isnt one.

I wonder which post in this thread so far is the most useless.

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    The one where you suggested Doom RPG and Wolfenstein RPG. No offense but those were some really kick-into the dark suggestions. Oh and also because there is no Doom rpg.

10. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    #10 Avatre, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    I was looking at infinity project 2 and I quite like the look of that, though of course there's nothing VATS like about it. Any opinions?

I have KOTOR, Deus Ex, Mass Effect and Baldurs Gate, all of them good games. I'm not sure I knew about the optional tap to shoot of mass effect though, might be worth a re-download. Baldurs gives me a headache it's so dark and squinty, so I bought that again on the PC. I like the optional sneaky ways of Deus Ex, still playing that :)

I've looked at xenome again and again but I really don't like playing games on a x2 screen.

11. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    If you have an iPad, it goes without saying that you should be taking a look at Spiderweb Software's Avadon and Avernum series for complex non-linear isometric iOS RPGs.

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's quite amazing this hasn't been done yet. VATS was fun to use, allowed for some fantastic action shots, and solves a ton of problems with trying to aim using virtual controls. Whoever does it first has got my money.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, if you read what i posted, i merely gave alternatives. OP wasnt looking for the usual FPS aiming, and this is all i could think of.

Nice to see you are back to what you have always been. Looks like i found what i was looking for.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Forgot about those. Those are solid suggestions.

15. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    What's does that mean :confused:

I'll have to agree on the VATS system. It's pure genius and it spices up the combat by 100%. It could work very well with touch-controls too.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Mighty Dungeons has a turn based combat system where you can specifically focus on enemy body parts.

In the spirit of suggesting games that only trivially match the original poster's request; consider Mission Europa for a post-apocalyptic scifi feel.

Doom II RPG is available on iOS and worth considering. Doom RPG is a thing from older cellphones, not on iOS. Also Silversword and Tumulus of Fen and often overlooked turn based first person dungeon crawlers that are about as relevant (but not apocalyptic).

Wolfenstein RPG is no longer on app store.

Xenome, while worthy, seems to be abandoned by developers.

I'll second a general recommendation of Alien Shooter.

17. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    There are 2 Alien Shooter games.
    Survive - not so good.
    And the Beginning - that's the one the guys are recommending. It's a dual stick shooter, action game. Great game mildly reminiscent of the old fallouts. Much less RPG elements though. I'd recommend it, not sure it'll be that relevant to the original request for suggestions though.