★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Upload of pics?

06-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Upload of pics?

Hi TA

Is there any chance it is possible to up the limit on upload of pics. Whenever I grab a pic on my iPad, it is too high res to be uploaded here. Always fails, and I am guessing that's the reason since it say it is max 2000x2000?

To me at least it seems strange having a mobile site, which is not possible to utilize by mobile only on the format even that they cover. Or am I missing something?
06-24-2017, 03:42 PM
If you take a screenshot of what you're trying to up load and upload the screenshot it will work.

06-25-2017, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet View Post
If you take a screenshot of what you're trying to up load and upload the screenshot it will work.
But that is what I keep doing and I always get the error while uploading message. Just tried taking a screenshot of the screenshot even and attach it here: "Upload of file failed"
06-25-2017, 07:01 AM
If you're using the app, I'm pretty sure it's broken. I haven't been able to post attachments using the app for a while. Try going to the website.
06-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHess00 View Post
If you're using the app, I'm pretty sure it's broken. I haven't been able to post attachments using the app for a while. Try going to the website.
I am using safari, so nope, already not using the app.
06-25-2017, 03:07 PM
Typical iPad screenshot comes in hi-res at minimum one MB (largest I recall was close to 4), too large for TA's filesize limit.
And I didn't find an iOS-builtin option to downscale images (aside from the "mail to myself with reduced size", which I find more annoying than just syncing with my computer and uploading from there).

But I guess there are more than enough apps for that out there, maybe even for free ... yup first random search result: Google's Snapseed https://appsto.re/nl/B0umA.i Just downloaded, but don't have time to test it out right now.
06-30-2017, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Typical iPad screenshot comes in hi-res at minimum one MB (largest I recall was close to 4), too large for TA's filesize limit.
And I didn't find an iOS-builtin option to downscale images (aside from the "mail to myself with reduced size", which I find more annoying than just syncing with my computer and uploading from there).

But I guess there are more than enough apps for that out there, maybe even for free ... yup first random search result: Google's Snapseed https://appsto.re/nl/B0umA.i Just downloaded, but don't have time to test it out right now.
Ye, thanks. I was guessing there was a solution somewhere, I would just prefer it was native on site.
The limit seems like a strange leftover from old days while also not really encouraging user screen uploads.