Have you been addicted to iphone/ipod/ipad games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by marc_o_5, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marc_o_5

marc_o_5 New Member

Jul 25, 2011
    I ve tried to stop carrying around my ipod touch 2g (old, i know) but i can't stop playing. The last games i devoted a lot of time were game dev story and tiny tower. Also a couple of rpgs, but not as much. At least i've played 15 hours since Thursday.
    And you, have you been addicted to iphone games? which ones?

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #2 backtothis, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    I have 600 hours logged onto Dinosmash Online. The total time I spent on it is actually tracked by their servers. I know I've spent over 20 hours on quite a few other games as well, RPGs and adventure games (GTA: CW, Phoenix Wright, etc.), and over 50 hours on others, games that have online multiplayer (Modern Combat 2, Nova 2, Starfront, Words with Friends, Disc Drivin', Red Conquest, etc). Can't ever resist playing those no matter how large my backlog is. Beating real players is always more fun than beating the AI/playing single-player for me. So yeah, I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said that about 3/4 of my total iOS gaming time since I bought my first iDevice three years was done online.

3. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Must... stop... playing... Tiny Towers.... ..... ...
    c'mon dammit, why hasn't that "<1min" elapsed yet??!!
    Damn, now that Recording Studio is about to finish the album recording in 10mins... I can wait... I can wait... sleep is for wimps..........

4. plantstorm

plantstorm Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    game developer
    I was addicted to Puzzle Family Lite, so I just regret playing the lite version instead of the full one which could have saved me much time. I hate it!

My friend was addicted to Top Girl, for me I think flirting a guy in a game is nonsense. But so many girls like playing TG, does it mean that they lack love?

5. AOR

AOR Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Independent game developer
    San Francisco
    I was pretty addicted to that Evil Dead Tower Defense game for a good two weeks straight. Aside from that one let's see...Hmm, Turtlefly gave me some a good solid week of nonstop playing. Never did figure out how to get to the moon, though.

6. I've been addicted to Tiny Tower a lot recently as well. Trying to hit 50 floors and then I'll quit ;)

7. tkphotos

tkphotos Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    i couldn't get enough of dalton the awesome, played it everyday for a couple of months, but once i unlocked everything, that was it, i was done

8. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    I guess the game I was addicted to was a game called Depict. It's a fun online game where you have to draw pictures and the other people have to guess. It's really fun though.