Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008

yeah maybe but I also have an ipad 2 and its crashing every 5 minutes. I guess the only thing I can see is that it is jailbroken, which is also what another guy had that was getting crashes

2. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Game Impressions

Just downloaded this and was already impressed with the app size. Only 215 something megabytes!?
    Then I started a new game and after watching the lengthy high quality intro video, you are even more puzzled realizing the actual game data is thus even less then 215 megabytes.

Once you get thrown into the actual real time world, your jaw will drop. Environmental textures simply look stunning and more and more you start to wonder how they can promise you up to six hours of gameplay in such a compact sized feature.
    And yes my dear iPad 2 gamers... this game enables FSAA on your devices, which compliments the sharp looking graphics wonderfully.

Gameplay and controls? This was my biggest concern, but thankfully it plays as smooth as it looks. The controls are very responsive and intuitive in both navigation and fire fights.
    For me personally there was no reason to tweak any controls for that matter, but I did have a peak in the control scheme options. Fine tuners won't be dissapointed!

This game is totally justifies the higher then average price tag as the whole product just feels polished in every detail.
    The developers earned every eurocent I had to pay for it and look forward to updates but also future installments of this franchise.

MadFingers just got a new huge fan from The Netherlands! Keep up the good work, team!

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I feel you, brother.

Did put this game high up in my games folder for instant access and so that I won't forget about. Hah. Like I can forget about this awesome title that easily.
    This game has plenty checkpoints and easy pick up and play... this edge is what makes me come back to a game, or not.

ShadowGun is also my new benchmark game to show off when I give people am iPad 2 demonstration. Plenty of oppertunities for this game to shine on my device!

4. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Ok, guys I'll ask everybody else if they have jaibroken iPad.. Its really strange, ebcause it crashing without any reason, so it looks like jailbroken problem..

Unfortunately I cannot test it, we dont have jailbroken devices here

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #225 TheFrost, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    Game Impressions

Ok i played for a while so:

First, i thought this was a direct copy of Gears of War but storywise is completely different so far... good

Along with Dead Space and Infinity Blade, this is one of the best graphic experiences you have on iOS, and i heard ligthning didnt move, but i does in some minor ways... good

Easy to play, to learn, controls are very responsive, i wish by moving sideways you could get out of the cover system... good

I am jailbroken and i havent had any crashes at all so far, and i paid 6 euros for this.... with my father credit card :eek:

And i played it for 30 minutes only so far...

6. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    I am also getting REALLY choppy audio. It will cut out for 30 seconds at some points for no reason

7. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.

What device and iOS you have ?

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    In addition to how great the game is, I'd like to say that I'm thrilled that Madfinger decided to release a game of this stature on a day OTHER than Thursday. Now it is getting the sole attention that it deserves, and we don't have to wait for a completed game because of Apple dictating by virtue of it's "New and Noteworthy" timing. I'll be shocked if this game doesn't get recognized by Apple and it was released on a day other than Thursday.

9. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    btw, I dont want to accuse somebody.. but Im working hard to identify this crashing.. It would be cool if you will say that its not cracked version also..

I dont want to spend time fixing bad cracked game ;)

Best

10. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    #230 Setake, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    Oh no its definitely not cracked. I don't do that. its legal

EDIT: #Turns out the audio issue was my bad. my headphones were running out of battery ;)

EDIT: I also have ios 4.3.3 running on ipad 2 if you wanted to know. I also restarted the device several times in case that was the problem.

11. wooseokjo

wooseokjo Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010

I was pretty amazed at the 215 mb too, but i think its possible because you reuse same stuffs and also the game engine is great makin the game look awesome

12. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.

Hey man,

I agree with you.. We will not release this game even on XBLA or PSN. Its not full console game, even GoW I is bigger game then SG..

SG is not competing with best games on consoles, its not possible.. We tried to raise bar in the mobile space and comparing it with best console games is not fair ;)

but you know, its same like comparing our spider to ticker or John to Markus ;)

13. MadFingerGames

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.

Thanks for reply..

btw, somebody point that it could be related to Gamecenter ? Are you logged or not ?

14. wooseokjo

Mar 27, 2010

I think it has some crashing problems related with gamecenter too. It works both logged in or not, but gamecenter could have took more ram. There were gamecenter issues with other applications making them slow or crash

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Oh boy, I just finished and wow... What a ride.

The end... Wow. Everything is just wow - it's amazing. Now yes, I've played better games on consoles, but on my phone in bed was a first for me and I loved every single moment of it.

Just a few things that annoyed me:
    Dialogue rushes way too fast. Especially at the very end of sector 9, it feels like the voice actors had to compress the dialogue to fit into the "elevator time".

There is a section where John says "I need that elevator, Sara!" (not sure what chapter) and I died a few times there - making me redo the previous shootout is just cruel, there needs to be a save point between them.

When in cover, to break out you need to pull "down" which seems a bit weird if it's on an angle.

If I hold down shoot and John reloads, I need to let go and press the fire button again before he shoots again. It's very annoying, but only happened rarely to me.

After completing the game on "medium" difficulty I got the achievement for "easy" as well. Not sure if this was intended...

Some of these things have been mentioned already, but I just posted my experiences.

Closing comments:
    It's past 2am and I will proceed to tell everyone I know who would be interested about this game. They don't need any more sleep...

Also, damn I'm impressed !

16. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Any plans for multiplayer? If this game had multiplayer, it would definitely blow everything out of the water!

17. Setake

Setake Member

Nov 28, 2008
    I was logged on, but the internet I have can be dodgy at best so maybe it was being logged on and off as I played?

18. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    how many hours u spent till u finished this game?
    6 hours or more?

19. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    am downloading it now...

20. wooseokjo

Mar 27, 2010
    Great game and i hope they release a multiplayer mode update soon :) whats needed for multiplayer is more guns, and maybe rolling movement because it will be easy to kill. Just like GoW