Bang! Official Video Game ($3.99->$.99) & HD ($5.99->$1.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Agas, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011

BANG! the Official Video Game

The world's best-selling Spaghetti-Western board-game is now playable online!

2011 Best App Ever Awards - Best …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

2011 Best App Ever Awards - Best Card Game WINNER
    Wired: Bang! breaks new ground with cross platform multi-player, but it’s the quality of the game-play that has got my family hooked (again) on this great parlor game.
    The Sunday Times: Top Game
    dfxnetwork.org: 4,5/5

Join over 750 thousand gamers in this multiple award-winning Wild West experience!

Origins Awards: "Best Game", "Best Design"Listed as one of the "Top 100 Family Games of the Century".

Game info:
    In the wild west, the Sheriff gives chase to the Outlaws, the Outlaws give chase to the Sheriff, and the Renegade plots in the dark, ready to switch from one side to the other.Soon enough, bullets start to fly: which of the gunmen are Deputies, ready to sacrifice themselves for the Sheriff? And which are the merciless Outlaws, looking to gun him down?

Ready fun and high tactics in a Dynamite blend with Guns, Mustang, Volcanic, Bang!, Jail, Missed, Beer... and this are just some of the cards you can play!

Features:
    ONLINE Multicross Multiplayer Gameplay: Challenge other players worldwide, online!
    Two game modes: Easy (for beginners) and Normal (for expert players, with character abilities and advanced features)
    14 characters with all their special abilities (4 to unlock through achievements)
    Players: 3 to 5
    Multi-Language: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
    Pass-Play VS: mix AI and human players for the ultimate party-mode gaming!
    Game Center leaderboards and achievements support.
    Ready for iOS5.
    iCloud backup Compatible.
    Christmas pack: a new achievement that unlocks "Claus the Saint" + "Christmas Theme" (FREE!);
    Scavanger Pack: three achievements that unlock three "scavanger" characters (FREE!);
    Dodge City cards: all playable cards from Dodge City expansion pack, including green cards (FREE!);
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Card
    Release:Dec 18, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

BANG! [HD] the Official Video Game

2011 Best App Ever Awards - Best …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

2011 Best App Ever Awards - Best Card Game WINNER
    Slide To Play: 4/4 Must Have!
    Wired: Bang! breaks new ground with cross platform multi-player, but it’s the quality of the game-play that has got my family hooked (again) on this great parlor game.
    The Sunday Times: Top Game
    Mobot.net: 5/5 Bang! HD more than deserves a purchase with its unique and rewarding gameplay, impressive multiplayer and bevy of content
    Internet Gumshoe: 82% If you have played the physical version of the game then you will more than likely find this a must have

Join over 750 thousand gamers in this multiple award-winning Wild West experience!

Origins Awards: "Best Game", "Best Design"Listed as one of the "Top 100 Family Games of the Century".

Game info:
    In the wild west, the Sheriff gives chase to the Outlaws, the Outlaws give chase to the Sheriff, and the Renegade plots in the dark, ready to switch from one side to the other.Soon enough, bullets start to fly: which of the gunmen are Deputies, ready to sacrifice themselves for the Sheriff? And which are the merciless Outlaws, looking to gun him down?

Ready fun and high tactics in a Dynamite blend with Guns, Mustang, Volcanic, Bang!, Jail, Missed, Beer... and this are just some of the cards you can play!

Features:
    ONLINE Multicross Multiplayer Gameplay: Challenge other players worldwide, online!
    Two game modes: Easy (for beginners) and Normal (for expert players, with character abilities and advanced features)
    14 characters with all their special abilities (4 to unlock through achievements)
    Players: 3 to 8
    Multi-Language: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
    Pass-Play VS: mix AI and human players for the ultimate party-mode gaming!
    Game Center leaderboards and achievements support.
    Ready for iOS5.
    iCloud backup Compatible.
    Christmas pack: a new achievement that unlocks "Claus the Saint" + "Christmas Theme" (FREE!);
    Scavanger Pack: three achievements that unlock three "scavanger" characters (FREE!);
    Dodge City cards: all playable cards from Dodge City expansion pack, including green cards (FREE!);
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Card
    Release:Mar 09, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #2 syntheticvoid, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
    Game's thread if anyone wants impressions...

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=77373

and here's the trailer...

**edit**

the developer did post in the main thread, but that was about a year ago, hasn't posted since, however, the game was updated October 21st of this year... even though it was released in December of last year... LOOOOOOOONG time for that update...

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    The game offers online but expect nothing but disconnects. No asynchronous play either which makes it worse because you will never make it through a game.

4. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    A real shame, because the game is a LOT of fun.

5. twiccan

twiccan Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I wouldn't want to play this in asynch anyway. WAY too much card interaction on a given turn to make that anything but an exercise in frustration while you wait a week for someone to respond to someone else's attack or when you play cards that EVERYBODY has to respond to.

No thanks.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    True but I think the biggest issue here is making sure they simply get online fixed, as it stands I've never been able to complete a game anyway.

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Bang! and Bang! [HD] are on sale for 99¢ each again. Great fun for solo play.

Downloading the HD version as the iPhone version looked horrid in 2x on my iPad...

8. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The HD version is also superior in that it allows for 8-player games, whereas the standard version is limited to 5.

9. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Ddn't know that the HD version had eight players. This changes the game, and I would have downloaded it earlier if I had known.

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Great, gonna pick this game up! Is there any news on more expansions being added?

11. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Not at the moment, but Bang! already has the Dodge City expansion added in (plus a promo card character), and that's the only real "necessary" one. High Noon is the only other expansion that would really be worth adding, but that focuses on a single new game mechanic rather than notably expanding the existing gameplay.

The only real request I'd make is for the developers to add in all of the missing characters (of which there are many, from both the base game and the Dodge City expansion).

12. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I wouldn't buy this game because it has a lot of problems and it hasn't been updated in the past year, so it's probably been abandoned.

13. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Wrong: the game doesn't crash or have any issue with translation or rule errors, and it has achievements and leaderboards, a solid AI and multiplayer that works just fine.

What exactly constitutes this "lot of problems"?

Wrong: it was updated less than a year ago.

I do wish people would stop using this term as if it were supposed to mean something, especially in situations where it clearly doesn't apply - this isn't the first half of a work-in-progress or the first episode of a never-to-be-finished series.

If a game doesn't need to be updated, it doesn't need to be updated; it doesn't suddenly stop working or become unplayable because it doesn't have a vague "Bugs fixed" update every month. Some of the most solid, fun, bug-free games available in the app store were last updated back in 2010, and they still wouldn't qualify as "abandoned" just because the developer hasn't posted an entirely unnecessary update in the last six months.

14. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Yes, I think Bang! is just fine. Of course we would like some more expansions or characters add ons but it's not broken and it doesn't have problems.

Maybe the user that claimed that, would have an old ios version.. I don't know..

15. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Don't exaggerate. Bang! had six price changes in December 2012 alone. An abandoned game won't show price changes.