Lonely Bunny - 3rd Person Action Mobile RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by voncarp, Dec 18, 2013.

1. #1 voncarp, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hello,

We would like to present you our Action Mobile RPG game: Lonely Bunny.

Inspired by some of our favorite games, such as Diablo, Elder Scrolls, and Shadow of the Colossus. We have incorporated versions of their gameplay into Lonely Bunny.

It's a fast-paced mobile game with lots of action, inventory, and new gameplay that will appeal to casual and hardcore RPG gamers.

There are over 100 individual designed weapons and armors to create a fresh feel and different challenge every time you play. We emphasized a quality and quantity approach to combat. There are countless enemies for you to slay easily Diablo-style and a number of colossal type bosses that require thinking and strategy that is reminiscent to fans of Shadow of the Colossus.

Please, give it a try. We have submitted it to the app store today.

If you have questions or suggestions, let us know!

thanks

Released January 22, 2014
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/loney-bunny/id758410884?ls=1&mt=8

Trailer as follows:

http://youtu.be/dW_yNwO6CEU

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#2 Bronxsta, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013

This looks really good. If it wasn't for the touch prompts, I might have thought this was a PC indie. Very impressed. In that last scene, are you climbing on the dragon or freefalling after it?

Also will it run on iPhone 4? Paid or free?

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This looks insane! Hopefully the controls work well

4. The original build was for the iPhone 4, but we abandoned it. If your interested, I can make it work for the iPhone 4. It does play on the iPhone 4 without crashing, but not yet at an acceptable frame rate. If thats the only device you have, we can make it work for you.

Let me know.

The last scene he is free falling. There are several scenes that are easy situations that we felt the players needed to figure out without prompting them to do so.

thanks for the reply

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I'm rather bothered by all that text on screen but it looks interesting enough to try. Speaking of which, is that the model? Free with IAP unlock or premium?

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#6 Bronxsta, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    I mean if it's some extensive effort, it's okay. I can wait till I get a better device. Either way, this looks like an instabuy for me.

Not lying about the PC indie comparison either. Some of the animations seem a bit janky, but the scope of the environments and gameplay is very impressive

Edit: and regarding the screen controls, I think icons rather than text would be better, as they would take up less screen space but still be able to convey the same idea. I definitely don't think Move and Rotate need to be present on the screen, the left side to move-right side for camera scheme is pretty standard and understood. A simple sword icon could indicate attack, an Up arrow to jump, mini satchel for inventory, etc.

7. Its premium pricing with in app purchases. But, let me explain. The IAP in no way affects the pacing of the game. The IAP were added after the game was completed and was intended for fans to gain more customizable options. All the IAP can be bought through a regular play through.

Pricing tentatively is at 4.99.

Yes, I was worried a bit about the text on the screen. It's something that we will likely convert to icons and additional menu options to clean up.

8. Some of the animations did not translate well over to the trailer. We followed TouchArcades advice on recording gameplay and the animations work extremely well on our devices, but as you mentioned from the trailer, some of them do come across janky on the video.

Since our initial build was on an iPhone 4, we did have options in place to optimize the framerate on lower end devices. We gave up on these plans, because we thought we would likely launch towards the tail end of next year when new phones were to be released. Since, we are far ahead of our schedule, an optimized iPhone 4 build makes sense. Stay tuned.

9. Sadly, our submission has been delayed for a short time. Yet, that gave us the opportunity to clean up the GUI and rework the inventory system.

We hope that it will be approved this month.

However, we feel that this delay will result in a better gameplay experience.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm sorry to hear that :/

But yes there is a silver lining. I'm looking forward to it!