I've been experiencing problems with Game Center ever since I updated to iOS 7.0.6

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheMerc, Feb 26, 2014.

1. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I've been loathe to ditch iOS 6 in favor of the often badmouthed iOS 7 on my iPod Touch 5G, but in the light of the recent revelation that any iOS device running on anything below 7.0.6 probably has its security compromised, I bit the bullet and went ahead.
    Everything seems to be working fine, except for Game Center, which, apart from recognizing Challenges when they pop up and moving whichever game I play to the top of my Games list, doesn't update anything on my Achievements lists. This ranges from the one-off "Beat level X"-type of achievements (which aren't recognized after they are won) to the gradual "Collect x-amount of item"-type of achievements (which don't fill up the icon as I progress). I've tried logging out and back on again, but it doesn't seem to have fixed it.
    Do any of you guys have any suggestions? Has this been known to happen? I've had my fill of earned achievements that were never recognized by the system, but nothing quite so disabling.

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep - been happening to me on almost all games on most of my devices since iOS7. On a happier note it's made me care less about achievements. It gives me the points but they don't show as achieved.

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    This. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. OCD sucks. :p

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah, GameCenter for iOS7 is broken, achievements dont register any more, sometimes it fails to update your highscore and stuff like that. And then there are hackers. I only look at my friends lists now, nothing else. I really hope Apple fixes it.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    They did fix it in relation to hackers.
    http://toucharcade.com/2013/10/28/apple-finally-gives-developers-the-ability-to-manage-game-center-leaderboards/
    Beyond the developers having the ability to manage their own top 100 in any of the categories, remove hackers and cheaters, there is still a reporting system beyond that level.

The top 100 is the responsibility of the developer themselves now. More or less anyway.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Great, now I can start looking at the top scores again :)

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    You can usually see your achievements if there is a link to Game Center within the game which opens the Game Center pop up. They only seem to show in the GC app if they were earned before the first time you viewed achievements for that game.

8. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Thank you for all your responses, guys! I'm (sort of) glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

Hopefully a future update will fix this, as it is a significant bummer for people who actually invest time into earning as many achievements as they can. Personally, I'm thinking I'll follow slamraman's advice and stop caring about them!

9. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    #9 DonnyDJ76, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    I have IOS 7.0.4 and it depends on the game. Most GC achievements work for most games. I tried The Voyage, and so far they all work.

However I also spent time playing a Free Richocet game called "Gentlemen Richochet". It has 1000 GC points but it was built for IOS 6. None of the points are registering for some reason.

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Is it specifically 7.0.6 that is causing more problems? I'm not a huge achievement/leaderboard whore, but just got the push today for the 7.0.6 update and want to know what, if anything, it may screw up over my current 7.0.4.

11. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I've had problems with 7.0.4 in the past and I called Apple here in the states about a month ago. Keeping a calm temperament, I finally got transferred to some senior supervisor who sent me a follow up email with a confirmation code and her phone/extension. I'm going to follow up on this tomorrow.

I would wait on installing the update because I don't think that you could go back. If I find out anything new I will post here...

Don

12. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Now fixed with 7.1.

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Has anyone else seen the wrong achievement icons displayed in iOS 7.1? For example, note the Toast Time icons in this screenshot:

Attached Files:

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I need had any game center problems, it's always worked perfectly for me. Also ios 7.1 is out, so there may be a fix. I don't know.