[TBR October 12th, 2011] Survival of the Tiltest

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 11clock, Oct 9, 2011.

1. 11clock

11clock Member

May 23, 2011
    #1 11clock, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
    If you post in the comments below, you have a chance to be picked to win a promo code for Survival of the Tiltest! Only 5 will win! The contest will end upon release of the game, October 12th.

The creator of AntiMal (Me!) brings you Survival of the Tiltest, coming to the app store on October 12, 2011!

You don't know where you are, but you do know one thing: You must survive! Red circles are constantly being thrown into a room you (a green square) happen to be in. They constantly bounce around the room and thus will never be destroyed. How are you supposed to last long at all when the room will eventually be cluttered up with red circles? The answer: the Javelin! Occasionally a Javelin (a blue oval) will be launched at you. Though it can hurt you if you get hit by it, the Javelin destroys all red circles in its path! You even get points from the red circles the Javelin destroys, and there is a combo system! Look out for falling stars, too. Collect them for extra lives! How long can you last?

Features:

-Retina Display support
    -Unique gameplay
    -Simple, shiny graphics
    -Catchy music
    -Responsive tilt controls
    -4 game modes (Survival, Time Attack, Don't Miss, and Hardcore)
    -9 achievements
    -Falling stars!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It seems my chances of winning a promo code are good now.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I can see where the gameplay is going, but it looks a bit too simplistic for my taste.

4. 11clock

11clock Member

May 23, 2011
    #4 11clock, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
    If 5 or less entries come in, everyone participating gets a promo code.

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Oh, we get promo codes? Sweeet. xD

How does the gameplay work, anyway? Does the Javelin move of it's own accord? How do you get points?

6. 11clock

11clock Member

May 23, 2011
    You tilt the device to move the square at the bottom. Red circles are thrown in at a random direction and bounce around the screen. The Javelin is thrown after 2, or 6 if playing Hardcore, red balls are thrown in. You'll know when the Javelin is about to be fired when it appears at the top of the screen where the red circles spawn. Unlike the red circles, it shoots DIRECTLY at the player. Getting hit by this will cost you lives, but you can use the Javelin's aiming to your advantage. Try to get it to hit the red circles, while dodging it as well! Getting hit by a red circle subtracts 1 life while getting hit by the Javelin subtracts 2 lives.

You get 1 point per second. You get 10 points for every red circle destroyed, but there is a combo system. If a single Javelin hits more than one red circle, you get bonus points from the extra circles destroyed, up to 5 times the amount of points you normally get. The first circle gives you 10 points, the second circle gives you 20 points, the third gives you 30 points and so on.

There are 4 game modes. Survival is the basic game mode. Time Attack replaces lives with time. Destroying circles recovers lost time (also affected by combo system) while getting hit subtracts time. In Don't Miss if a Javelin doesn't hit any circles on its way down you'll lose 2 lives. Hardcore ups the difficulty to extreme amounts and has its own music. Achievements can only be gained in Survival and Don't Miss.

I hope this answers your questions. Thanks for the interest!

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Oh, that sounds really cool.

Still, the simplistic graphics are a bit if a turn off. I don't know whether anything different would work though...

8. 11clock

11clock Member

May 23, 2011
    #8 11clock, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah, graphics have always been my weak point. The best I can do is draw stick figures, and even that looks bad. It's also difficult to find an artist that doesn't disappear on you. I'm more of a game designer than anything.

I have discovered recently that I can make good looking retro-style squares, though. I'll see if this style will work with my next game.

9. 11clock

11clock Member

May 23, 2011
    Promo code contest is over. Only two people who posted, but because of this they both win a promo code! Promo codes will be sent via PM soon.

And yes, Survival of the Tiltest can be found in the app store now!