★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Do you like dark medieval adventures, with gloomy castles and foggy forests?
Do you like puzzles & platformers?
Do you like retro gaming style?

Then this is your game!!

To The Castle takes all the vibrant mood of those good and old platform arcades and refreshes it in a complete new environment in the palm of your hand with a very accurate and well adapted control:
* Help Sir Petrionius in his dangerous quest, dashing and jumping 'til you reach the exit of each level.
* Defy the undead zombies and other evil forces in this Pixel-Art epic adventure while you explore untamed dark lands and loot treasures!
* A total of 60 levels spread on 3 Mysterious worlds.
* Create challenging new dungeons and share them with your friends with the integrated level editor and get incredible rewards for them.
* Play levels from people around the world with our cross platform server.
* Collect coins and buy items and gems that will help you in your deadly quest.

Thrilling adventures that bring you the best of the action arcade gaming!

Stay tuned and follow us at:
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/dodozen
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/DodozenGames
DODOZEN SITE: http://dodozen.com/
03-20-2016, 06:28 AM
This looks good. Anyone play it

03-20-2016, 07:27 AM
What are the additional IAP ?
03-20-2016, 07:41 AM
Let me start fair and objective...
This is an auto-run platformer starting with very, very short and easy first ten levels, getting more complex and super hardcore shortly after. You'll die a lot.

The Good
- nice pixel work, music and sfx
- good responsive controls
- fast replay
- installed MB 48
- no ads seen...phew!

The Bad
- black bars on both sides of the screen! (enabled to touch/inputs though)
- two currencies
- tons of iap's (up to $50, gulp)
(though not needed from very skilled or very patient players with a high frustration border)
- could have come with speedrun times

The Ugly
- a disguised f2p game ?!?
- 2-hours timer for some coins shows up immediately while the daily log-in comes later.
- the on the app store stated Gamecenter doesn't exist in the game nor GC app itself.

My final subjective opinion...
I see the devs hand on the leverage to pull it down in a week...or tomorrow.

Edit:
I took out the "clearly" in context to disguised. I admit that when i see all those above mentioned stuff, my brain is prejudging a game pretty fast. Sorry.
I got used to the jump timing and reached level 26/60. I could replay any level to grind some coins for two extra lives. Phew, they're permanent and urgently needed.
All those iap's seem only to be a short-cut to make it easier, though without gaming skills you'll never finish this game. Having no achievements or leaderboard(s) gives this game zero replay value. I probably could finish it in under two hours. A recommendation is impossible, though i started to enjoy this challenge quite a bit.

My 2016 GOTY contenders...
Lost in Harmony, Lost Socks, NO THING, Loop Mania

Last edited by Qwertz555; 03-20-2016 at 09:16 AM.
03-20-2016, 07:46 AM
Thank you for letting us know I am so wary of premium games with IAP lately because as you said they turn out to be f2p in disguise. That's really too bad because it did look pretty cool
04-03-2016, 10:32 AM
TO THE CASTLE - A ghoulie epic adventure! (by Dodozen)

A ghoulie epic adventure for
iOS & ANDROID

TO THE CASTLE it's a frantic and platformer game that takes all the vibrant mood of those good and old platform arcade classics like Ghouls n Ghosts or Megaman with re-imagined controls adapted for handheld devices.

You play as Sir Petronius, a brave knight trying to advance through crazy levels jumping, collecting coins, dashing in order to get rid of the enemies and reaching eventually the level exit.

The game has an integrated level editor where players can create his own dungeons, share them with the rest of the users (cross platform android-ios) and receive rewards for them.

There are a variety of levels and traps that will make Sir Petronius' trip more and more dangerous as he moves through the 3 worlds (60 levels) that compound the single player game.

Besides, with the coins you collect along the levels, you can buy a variety of special power-ups that will help you in your adventure: Shields, Amulets, Hearts, Special attacks…

Markets:
- iOS (iTunes)
- ANDROID (Google play)

Features:
- Retro pixel art style
- True arcade action
- Single player campaign (A total of 60 levels spread on 3 mysterious worlds)
- Integrated level editor
- Explore the custom dungeons from other people around the world
- Cross platform servers (shared info and levels between iOs and Android)
- Lot’s of collectable coins and equipment

For more info & media about...

To The Castle:
Dodozen:

Last edited by Dodozen; 04-03-2016 at 12:13 PM. Reason: icon display
04-03-2016, 11:50 AM
There are a lot of IAP going on here yes? You would probably do better to just make this game free

Last edited by Repulsa; 04-03-2016 at 11:53 AM.
04-03-2016, 02:30 PM
What are the iap?
04-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Indeed,

There are some IAPs, but we can tell you that they're not "game blockers" (we REALLY hate those).
These are mainly "extra items".

You can have more info on this URL if you're interested.

...aaaand a BONUS gif

cheers!
04-03-2016, 03:08 PM
I hate to say it but this is not the first thread for this game and I remember from the first one someone saying the IAP were really obnoxious can you be more specific about what exactly they are please ?
I mean for me I hate having to purchase extra lives that's a game breaker for me