$14.18 wasted????

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gen1521, Jun 27, 2010.

1. gen1521

gen1521 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    internet stalking
    Tokyo, Japan
    #1 gen1521, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
    ok, so last month, I bought Call of duty: Zombies for ¥1,200 ($9.99)+¥shin no numa map which cost $600(4.99) and had fun with it. but when it the new OS4 came out, the game started to crash and it had been pulled out on the Appstore(I am using the Japanese one). The Following day, I started to check the game on my US account, and like, they just had had an update and is present on the store. Right after I saw that, I frantically took my iTouch and went to the Japanese iStore but it was not there. I've been waiting about a week now for the game to be restored back again with its update but I'm afraid that they will not put it back again because GTA: Chinatown is also not available on Japanese iStore.

any help and suggestions will be pretty much, appreciated. yoroushiku

Right now, I'm thinking of going to Apple Store Shibuya and ask if I could "refund" my money back.

P.S: I think my English is horrible :( lol~

2. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Can't comment on your situation, but your English is better that many :D

3. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Maybe they're having trouble localizing those games? And btw, your english is very good mate!

4. bLiNdSiDe

bLiNdSiDe Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Firefighter (Sergeant) / EMT
    Covington, GA
    That sucks dude. Try emailing iTunes support, they can be very helpful and timely.

5. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    Wrong Forum........:confused:

6. gen1521

Jun 7, 2010
    internet stalking
    Tokyo, Japan
    Apologies, I'm not totally sure. Honestly, this is my first thread.

7. bLiNdSiDe

bLiNdSiDe Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Firefighter (Sergeant) / EMT
    Covington, GA
    You were one of those who liked to ask the teacher to be a hall monitor, eh?

8. gen1521

Jun 7, 2010
    internet stalking
    Tokyo, Japan
    What do they do when they "localize" the game??

9. gen1521

Jun 7, 2010
    internet stalking
    Tokyo, Japan

Ok, I'm totally messing up with this thread. XD. Anyway, what's the "localizing" the games?

Thanks. :D

10. gen1521

Jun 7, 2010
    internet stalking
    Tokyo, Japan

Tried that before but it didn't work. And like, I don't speak Japanese fluently so they might just ignore me. X(.

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Just curious, what is your native language?

I think you can ask iTunes for a refund and I hear they are pretty good about it. Maybe someone will help you with the wording. I don't think the Apple store is the answer. Not their problem.

Where in Tokyo are you? Shibuya? I lived in Gunma. Gambatte watashi no tomodachi, gambatte!

12. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Translate it, in some cases censor parts (i.e. blood and swears for Australia, essentially rendering Grand Theft Auto pointless), etc. Basically, make it so the "locals" can play it.

In this case - that is to say, Japanese - (or Chinese or Korean etc.) - it presents a slightly different challenge than translation into other languages. All of the Latin alphabet that is used for pretty much every western language are contained in the 8-bit ASCII specification. However, some people decided it would be nice to have more than 256 possible symbols and made a nice thing called Unicode. Of course, like any other standard more complicated than "do two things in order," different operating systems and programs have varying degrees of support for the various 'flavors' of unicode.

It is my guess, and only my guess, that iOS4 handles unicode slightly differently.

That, or the game just didn't sell too well in Japan (they're not as big on FPS's) and so the issue isn't high on their list of priorities.

IN ANY CASE, if there's one thing that COD:WAW:Zombies should have taught you, it is PATIENCE. We waited months and months for verrukt, then months more for shi no numa. :p

13. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    If it is crashing and has been pulled, so no more updates, look into refunding it with apple. It almost always works, especially if there is a real problem/issue like this. You will get your money back, and get to keep your game, so if it is brought back later and updated you can have your cake and eat it too.

14. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    May sound obvious, but try rebooting your device. Press and hold the home button at the same time as the sleep button for a few seconds.

15. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Well, the best thing you can do is google the problem, look on the devs website and try to contact them. They will know best what's happening. I doubt activison will want to permanently pull a game which brings in so much money so you should be fine.

16. gen1521

Jun 7, 2010
    internet stalking
    Tokyo, Japan

I speak Tagalog.

Ok, I'll check it today. Thanks :D

Oh, I'm currently living in Nerima. ehh~I was not expecting someone who is living in Japan will reply to this thread. Thanks alot mate!

are you a gaijin too? X)

17. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    A common and frustrating (for me as an Australian) misconception.

Just because the Australian version of L4D2 is de-gored doesn't mean that every single game in Australia is 'toddlerized' (for want of a better word)

I don't know what you've been playing, but the Australian version of all of my games are filled to the brim with violence gore and swearing (Grand Theft Auto in particular)

It just pisses me off when people make misinformed posts like yours, I'm sorry if I am coming off as a bit of an ass (which I'm sure I am), but I'm just sick of it!

Probably doesn't help that it's half past eleven and I haven't had a whole lot of sleep recently.