"Fast" platform games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mag, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I'm still looking for a fast platform game such as Mario or Sonic (I know Sonic is on the iPhone but its kind of a shit port). I bought Castle of Magic and Spybot but they're both really slow. Anyone got any suggestions?

2. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    one word- SOOSIZ.

3. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    yep. this platformer is awesome! beats Rolando easy.

4. zbob

zbob Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    wheeler's treasure

5. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    well that's kinda a platformer, but more like a Run type game. Great game all the same.

6. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I was thinking Edge

7. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Same, while it isn't specifically a platform game, it can be fast!

8. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Thanks for suggesting Soosiz, just checked the trailer and it looks awesome. Cant believe I missed that one.
    Also I already got Wheeler's Treasure, and even though it's a good game, it's not so much a platform game as it is a highscore/run game as was mentioned before.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I would also check out Earthworm Jim -- Gameloft did an excellent job with the port/update.

10. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    No problem! I would also recomend flickitty. It is very unique and fun. And also hook champ.

11. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    #11 galaxygrrl, Nov 1, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
    Check out "bounce on" the first world is a just OK, the next three rock. I actually liked it much better than Soosiz - which I found repeatative. I tend to think it's one of the most under appreciated games around. Make sure to check out world 4.

PS. Jonas (Team Phobic) -- still waiting for world 5 ;) Oh nice little video of Bounce On 2 http://www.twitvid.com/A80D8

12. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    We just submitted update which improves world 1 a whole bunch. I know everyone is waiting for world 5, but this update will make the wait more bearable!

As for speed, world 4 is great with the speed ball, but for Bounce On 2 we are really speeding things up :) One of the new features is a booster which really pays tribute to Sonic!

13. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Yay!

Wanna show us more of Bounce On 2. ;) Evangelists fans kinda of a blessing and a curse don't you think. :)

14. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    Hook champ

15. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Any news on this update? Look everyday. :) Thanks for all the great work Team Phobic.

16. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    Update got rejected for some silly reasons, and since we are so close to submitting world 5 we are going to resubmit again here soon along with world 5 :) "Soon" meaning we are finishing up our testing tonight, so we'll have an announcement... soon :-D

17. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Squareball - fast and deadly.

18. galaxygrrl

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    #18 galaxygrrl, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    Cool! I just got all the gold metals in Soosiz tonight and need a new distraction. Must mean Bounce On 2 is coming soon too. Hooray. :)

Oh, just FYI, it would be cool if you could let us choose to listen to our own music. I think it's an option in the SDK kit now. Since my iphone is broken, I can make it work, but it's kinda of a pain to set it up to do that way every time.

Oh World 5 looks so beautiful. Though my little red buddy must be really chilly. Think he needs a hat. :)

Attached Files:

19. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Please give us a way to skip to other worlds from the start. I stopped playing (and reviewing) Bounce On because the worlds differ so much in size and quality, that I just couldn’t stand playing world two any longer to just be able to - sometimes - arrive at the egypt world for which I bought the game for.

I mean, just thing of the new players who come to the game with world 5. They ALL have to play the other worlds, which look and sometimes behave so much different to what they expected.

I hope, that Bounce On 2 comes with a full version and with a DLC version, where the DLC version is free and contains one level of each world, so that you can than buy the worlds you really want to play - and play them directly.

20. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I also love both Soosiz and Bounce On, and also really like Pandemonium... It is an older PS1 port done pretty well IMHO...