Real Racing 2 goes low res on iOS 4.3 on my iTouch 3G

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by khaotikbk, Mar 21, 2011.

1. khaotikbk

khaotikbk Active Member

May 11, 2010
    Hello dear friends. I've bought Real Racing 2 some time after it launched for my iPod Touch 3G. Of course it was beautiful, the way it should be. At the time, the most updated iOS version was 4.1. Skipped 4.2.1 and last week updated to 4.3. I was astonished in discover that the game somehow became ugly! The textures became very poor and the draw distance became smaller. Seriously, it was a pain to see. Immediately reverted to 4.2.1. Below, some pictures:

Took in 4.3:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took in 4.2.1 (after reverting from 4.3):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In these pictures, it's very clear a huge difference in the draw distance and the quality of the textures (mainly the walls). But two pictues I didn't took, but I really should have, are one from the ferris wheel (took in 4.2.1, but not on 4.3, where it was horrible), and the worst quality drop: the rubber burn texture that became really horrible.

Why it happened? Maybe because the 4.3 is a lot more demanding to the hardware? And more importantly, how the game determine what visual quality it should use? By scanning the hardware and the free memory to decide the level of detail?

Anyone else is in this same situation? I'm gonna stick with 4.2.1 until i've got the money to buy a new iPod Touch, or, who knows, an iPad 2\0/

Thanks!

2. Lectrolux

Lectrolux Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Tokyo, Japan
    Could be a bug - have you e-mailed the developers?

3. khaotikbk

khaotikbk Active Member

May 11, 2010
  4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think you are right actually originally real racing 2 looked really good on mine now it's just ugly. I think this hapened right with the first update it's like they have lumped the third gen touch into the same bracket as the 1st and 2nd.

To be honest that's when I stopped playing it it was great beforehand.