Any other "free flowing liquid", physics based games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ackmondual, Jul 24, 2013.

1. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    How to describe.... these sort of games involve manipulating droplets or streams of water, or other liquid types to achieve whatever goal the game sets for you. Many of these are puzzles where you need a bit of planning, but some require dexterity and speed, as timing is an issue too. I wouldn't say games like Pipe Dream counts, whre the liquid is fully contained... there should be a "free flowing" element to it.

Some of the ones I have and have played include...

Enigmo 1 & 2 $1 and $2 respectively
    No storyline. Direct droplets of water, oil, and lava to their proper destination receptacles. Usually need to keep 'em separated, as oil absorbs water, and lava ignites oil and evarporates water. You build platforms and other "redirectors" to control flow. IIRC, the 2nd one is in full 3D (not just 2D that looks 3D), but does make it more cumbersome to play.

I used to envy the Windows Mobile users back in 2003 since this wasn't available on Palm OS, but later on, I would find it on iOS too.

Sprinkle: Fire Fighting fun $2
    Neptunians need to shoot streams of water to put out fires that were caused by raining meteorites. Hurdle is you need to put out all fires in a level with limited amount of water. Sort of like a firefighting game with an alien theme thrown on top of it. Also has switches, etc.

Where's My Water $1. IAP to unlock each level pack, $1 each (AFAIK, there's up to 3 more of them)
    Disney appears to have more of an AppStore presence concerning these puzzle-ish games (the Jelly Car games come to mind). Alligators need their water, steam, or green ooze liquid for showers, organ musical instrument, or to clear plate respectively. Swipe dirt to clear a path for water. Other liquid types like green acid which dissolves water and certain obstacles, switches, etc. I got the game for free from a sale, but I probably will end up shelling out up to $3 to unlock everything as I get there (at least you get at least 20 levels per pack).

Any others? I used to play Gloop Zero for TapWave Zodiac (dead Palm OS hardware), but you can always search for Gloop, freeware for PC which plays similar.

2. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Sand slides. Not exectly liquid but close enough.

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Feed me Oil

Where's my Perry?

Coco Loco

Liquid Sketch

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Where's My Mickey and Sprinkle 2 come to mind

5. ackmondual

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    Do you have a link for Sprinkle 2? Can't seem to find it normally.

6. Tronfan

Tronfan Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    It's called Sprinkle Islands

7. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Feed Me Oil is probably he best one ive played.

Enigmo is the wirst. The game calls it water, but it doesn't look or act like water.

Visually, the water in Sprinkle is incredible.

8. ackmondual

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    I really enjoyed Sprinkle: Fire Fighting Fun. I gotta check out Sprinkle Junior and this.

9. Liquid Sunshine Labs

Liquid Sunshine Labs Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Mix It Up! will be coming out on December 12. There is a thread about it here on Touch Arcade. forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=211658

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Puddle
    Sprinkle 2

11. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    My favourite liquid physics games-

Puddle puzzles
    Puddle
    Liquidsketch
    Briquid
    Coco loco
    Where's my water, and all the spin offs, where's my perry, mickey, etc
    Sploosh
    Sprinkle
    Feed me oil

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah Mix it Up Looks good then of course the Sprinkle games and Feed Me Oil.

Mix it up is almost Feed me Oil and Where's my Water had a baby that likes wood cutting

13. Liquid Sunshine Labs

Liquid Sunshine Labs Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2013