UPNP substitute on Airport Extreme?? ( supporters)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acidshaman, Dec 6, 2009.

1. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I heard that NAT was supposed to be the same thing.. xbox live always squawked at me for having it off (my new ps3 does not.. i think it may have once actually)

What do we do? Having a multiplayer setup that isnt apple friendly on an idevice looks stupid...

Gameloft stabbed whatever is considered 'mobile' about the game too because how do you turn on UPNP at your college or starbucks, some devices dont even support it..

cant they haxxor Eliminates code or something :confused:

2. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    i contacted Gameloft with all the majors issues IMO... hopefully we see a quick patch to this UPNP nonsense... wheres the portability in requiring router configuration... especially when a place like Wikipedia warns that UPNP is Phishing-friendly?

3. SicMX

SicMX Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    So if you have an Airport there is no way of getting online to work?

Hope they get a fix out soon...

4. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    their twitter states that this is a beta, and there will be a patch that removes the necessity of upnp.

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Enough of the Gameloft bashing.
    I'm sure Gameloft are doing this for a reason, and they will soon update the game and MC: Sandstorm/Nova will be the best online multiplayer games on the device :)