What is the best long lasting game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Genius, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    I need a game with lots of hours of gameplay. What's there?

2. Patton

Patton Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Grad Student
    Denver
    #2 Patton, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
    Depends... are you looking for an RPG... with a long story w/ hours of gameplay? Or an addictive puzzler that keeps you coming back for more? Both can give you hours of gameplay.

EDIT: Wrong forum for this thread... don't worry tho... I made the same mistake last week with my first topic.

EDIT 2: Already moved... the mods here are seemingly omnipresent.

3. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Flight Control, Real Racing, Zenonia, Aqua Forest (if you like burning random stuff in Free Play), and Pocket God and also Quantum Collapse.

4. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    IM gonna pick up Real Racing soon. I also have some questions.

1. Is zenonia kind of like legend of Zelda phantom hourglass?
    2. About how long is Assassins Creed? Cuz I liked the demo and might buy it.

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    You can never get tired of flight control and trism.

6. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Zenonia. And CowToss.

7. LadiesMan217

LadiesMan217 Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Slingin Dat Green
    The D
    Definitely not the best game out there. But my favorite racer is Crash off road. Or All Pro Crash off road. Don't remember what it's listed as now. But its a really hard game. The AI is pretty brutal sometimes. But you won't beat it very quickly and it's only like 2 bucks.

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Assassins Creed is quite long. I'd get it now. It will take you a day if you play all the time. (The first time it took me longer.)

9. eya0

eya0 Member

Jul 6, 2009
    To me, only Zenonia's combat, atmosphere and movement was similar to Zelda, everything else about that game is very RPG'ish - levels, rare drops, stats, etc. It's a great game though and extremely long lasting (like 20 hours or more) but like with all korean rpg's, be prepared to grind.

10. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Myst, it has over 40 hours of gameplay time I think.

11. somedude445

somedude445 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    if you want a game that will last you really long look no further than F.A.S.T, if you have wifi then this game will seriously never get old, the online is so much fun its insane. its been the only game i play every time i turn on my itouch.

if you dont have wifi then go for zenonia it has about 15 hours of gameplay with each playthrough and 3 classes as well as a good and evil story so it should last you a while.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Dragonbane II

If you like old-school RPGs like The Bard's Tale or Might and Magic, give Dragonbane II a shot. There's a lot of gameplay there for a couple of bucks.

Its biggest problem is that the graphics are the same as when I first played it on my Handspring Visor Prism (which I used until it died, replaced by the iPod Touch I'm using now!)

I haven't played The Quest enough to tell you if it's a really long game or not, but it's a similar game to DBII that's good and a bit more modern looking. (And already has an expansion.)

13. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    i would say game play wise, not like a pick up and play time waster, it would be zenonia, and warfare inc, as for a pick up and play quick game. i would have to say pocket god,parachute panic, and line rider.

14. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    #14 Genius, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
    i already have fast and flight control. looking forward 2 buying zenonia, real racing, star defense, rolando 2, assassins creed. oh! then worms. man i need more money.

PS. what is the main objective in zenonia?

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Long and very great games I reccomend are: PuzzleQuest, Zenonia, Real Racing, Galaxy on Fire, Brothers in Arms, And Warfare Inc.

Games that are just pick up and/or endless I reccomend are: Star Defense, Baseball Slugger, Flight Control, Harbormaster, Peggle, iDracula, Flick Fishing, Lets Golf, Sway, and Touchgrind.

16. Krispod

Krispod Well-Known Member

May 19, 2009
    DONT waste your money on assasins creed, it sucks donky dong! Its almost imposible to steer that little guy!

17. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    ZENONIA ftw!

18. Spek

Spek Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    I don't understand the pocket god thing. I have it and I occasionally open it when there is a new update. Poke at it for a couple minutes and never open it again. The whole things kinda pointless and I wouldn't go as far as to say it has lots of gameplay.

I think FAST is a great one. Star Hogs just came out - tons of missions, multiplayer, customization. Isotope has a lot of stuff to unlock and its really fun. Defender Chronicles if you like tower defense mixed with some rpg. Zenonia is good but I don't like the grinding so much

19. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I am in the 'what?' camp too with Pocket god. I feel like a tit sitting there with my iPod, flicking sprites. 'Shouldn't I be doing something else' is what always crosses my mind whenever I just give it one more go.

To the question in hand, I find that I enjoy my games in bite-sized pieces at a leisurely pace, so many seemingly simple games have become long term friends. But, if I could narrow it down to three (not four, nor two, and five is just way out;)) I would have to go with three 'beat your last score' games:

Doodle Jump: It's endless! And now with the new jet pack, I just can't stop:)

Pirate Bay: Nirvana for those LONG train journey's.

Kryzer: Perfect Retro arcade action. Love it!

These are only 3 of many, but three of my most recent.

20. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Ummm...no. You're wrong. The controls are fine, the game is great.