iPad: Contra: Evolution HD (by PunchBox Studios)

05-31-2013, 11:19 AM
Contra: Evolution HD (by PunchBox Studios)

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-03-2013, 09:28 PM
After reading through the mess of the non-HD thread, I'm left wondering if this version allows you to do game continues without spending actual cash, and if there are any other IAP/cash surprises. Anyone?
07-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
After reading through the mess of the non-HD thread, I'm left wondering if this version allows you to do game continues without spending actual cash, and if there are any other IAP/cash surprises. Anyone?
IAP related points from the TA review:

Quote:
The continue system ties into the "Evolution" part of the moniker. One thing you're sure to notice when you start the game is that you have experience points, levels, and two types of currencies. Stop me if you recognize this one: One type of currency (coins) can be earned in game and is used to purchase certain weapons and continues, while the other type (diamonds) seemingly must be purchased with real money and is used to purchase better weapons, better continues, and, sigh, to buy 30 lives.

Yes, the beloved Konami code has been replaced with a $50 IAP. The cost of continuing goes up depending on how far into the game you are, but it's never really prohibitive to use your coins as long as you don't die too often. You can also use your coins and diamonds to call items on the spot with on-screen buttons, prominantly featured in case you forgot you could.
And

Quote:
And all of the IAP borders on the offensive, however unnecessary it might be.
01-31-2015, 11:37 AM
As of today, this POS game is no longer available. Rejoice!
01-31-2015, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjeeman View Post
As of today, this POS game is no longer available. Rejoice!
Just reinstall it from iTunes. Surely you backed this up
01-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Just reinstall it from iTunes. Surely you backed this up
Absolutely not at all. There is no need to do that, as this game is a cancer to the Contra series and the Google and Apple Stores as well.