Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-29-2014, 03:38 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

I never said there was something wrong with async. I said async is not the cure all to make a game popular. I didn't mean that async was the cause of long waiting times between turns. I said that async games where you wait a long time (because of the players) and then have little to do are not suitable for async. That is an implementation problem...the same thing that you guys are saying...so we agree. But one thing. When i say not having a lot to do during your turn is bad, I mean during an especially long slow game (quick games in this caes are ok). But you may use PBEM chess as an example of an async game that is successful... you could end up waiting a long time, and then only move one piece during your turn. But chess is different because that move you make requires thought. How much thought you put in to it is up to you. But some games actually force you to effectively do noting when you turn finally comes up. Many times in Galaxy Trucker, when my turn rolled around, all I could do was watch what the other players did and then tap one button which was like a 'pass' or 'ok', and then my turn was over. Boring gameplay like that results from a bad implementation of async. And people will stop playing instead of flocking to the game.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangbone View Post
So I've had my eye on this for a number if months now and feel like right now cool be the perfect time to pounce on it for $.99. Only have one concern though. I read some of the reviews on the App Store and many of them are complaining about their IAP purchases being wiped clean and not coming back after restoring purchases. Anyone on here experience this or can the devs comment on this? Also just want to make sure this will run on the latest operating system.
Hi.
This was a problem with Apple's servers that affected a very small number of people and for most it was a simple case of rebooting their device to fix it. Most people didn't have this problem. Unfortunately, people rarely go back to edit their reviews once their issue is solved.

Today is the last day of the $.99 sale, so it's certainly worth a purchase!
Old 12-01-2014, 08:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
I'm lazy, so I apologize in advance if this was answered, but can you buy the season pass through steam and access it through the ios app?
No you can't. All of the platforms are separate and require separate purchases.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:01 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon58 View Post
Hi.
This was a problem with Apple's servers that affected a very small number of people and for most it was a simple case of rebooting their device to fix it.
I just posted a 5 star review to the AppStore with the bit of info about rebooting your device to restore purchases, hopefully it helps a bit.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
I just posted a 5 star review to the AppStore with the bit of info about rebooting your device to restore purchases, hopefully it helps a bit.
Thanks very much for that! It's frustrating that we cannot respond to reviews, like we can with the Google Play Store, because often people misunderstand some of the game's mechanics and assume they're bugs.

Much appreciated.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:34 PM

Might be kind of gimmicky but a shake your phone for dice rolls would be kind of cool. Leave an option to turn it on or off.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:38 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrikeguy View Post
Might be kind of gimmicky but a shake your phone for dice rolls would be kind of cool. Leave an option to turn it on or off.
We had that for Talisman Prologue, and it was fun at first, but became quite annoying after a while.
We could make it so that if you shake the device too much, all of the cards fall off the board

Last edited by jaxon58; 12-04-2014 at 07:44 AM..
Old 12-04-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon58 View Post
We had that for Talisman Prologue, and it was fun at first, but became quite annoying after a while.
We could make it so that if you shake the device too much, all of the cards fall off the board
Apparently posts with just lmao don't get posted, but that's the gist of this one.