OMG Pirates! or Minigore

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by fructose, Dec 12, 2009.

?

Which should I do?

1. Minigore

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. OMG Pirates!

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Both

19 vote(s)
    39.6%
  4. Other

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. fructose

fructose Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    #1 fructose, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    I've been wanting to get Minigore for some time, but I never did and now that the price went up I regret it even more. So now I'm wondering about getting Minigore or the newest game from Mika Mobile OMG Pirates! I absolutely loved Zombieville, and still do, but now I'm torn between two awesome games. Which should I get? Both are at the same price

If you say "Other" please state the game you are referring to

2. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    minigore used to be repetitive. but now its so awesome. i would get minigore if u want that feeling of determination of getting sensai evan. and more characters too come. omg pirate is for those zombieville feeling. but soon it is gunna get repetitive just like the OLD minigore

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I'd have to say both.

4. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I have both and they are both in my top 5 games. So yeah definitely get them both.

5. fructose

fructose Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    I see one for "Other", if they one who said that could please specify

6. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    hmmm

Minigore has better graphics

OMG pirates has better action.

Minigore is more intense

OMG pirates has more enemies.

Minigore has a better soundtrack

OMG pirates has more levels.

But in all, i have to say Minigore because of the massive updates it's going to get, including 5 more characters (making what, 12 in all?) including the Sway and Zombieville characters, global and local multiplayer, new enemies, and more. MINIGORE

7. kazamman

kazamman Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Is minigore like the flash game 'BoxHead'?

8. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    I suggest getting both if you can! I play Minigore everyday, yes it's repetitive but killing furries with all the new characters is fun!

If you liked Zombieville or any side scroller, I'm sure you will love OMG Pirates!
    Very polished gameplay and nice graphics.

Just fork out the cash for 2 games, than you can have double the fun! :D

[​IMG]

9. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Pirates, not even a competition.
    Minigore has one button - the shoot button; it'll get boring in like 2 minutes.
    Pirates has block, jump, move combos, stages, experience, bonuses that come with leveling up, etc.

10. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I recommend getting both, don't spend too much time deciding either there's a lot of other good games to focus on.

11. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    get COD: WAW: Zombies, and BAM, real live nice fast fun cool zombies. or get minigore

12. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    I only have OMG Pirates but aren't they quite different in game style and game play ? maybe not. I don't have minigore. That's just the impression I got.

13. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Very Different!

14. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal
    I don't get it. It's a random comparison and it just comes down to individual taste. Also, if you don't know the taste of the people answering, how will it help ? And the two games aren't really that similar.

It's all fine. I just don't see how this can help you make a decision.

15. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    #15 Jouni, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
    I'm one of the Minigore developers so I can't say I'm totally without bias here, however, I think both games are probably worth a purchase compared to most games out there.

If you have any trouble with dual stick action games, I'd recommend a bit of caution since they're not for everyone. If you've found yourself enjoying Meteor Blitz or iDracula, the feel of Minigore is similar but the game is really quite narrowly focused on simply dispatching an endless horde of enemies. There is a relatively low degree of variety in Minigore but it's quick to jump in and out from when you have a few minutes to play.

Most of the time I find myself playing with the iPhone when there are a few minutes to kill and I don't even really have the time or patience to even think about what I want to play. This is when I jump into Minigore or Meteor Blitz and just blast away. I've yet to play enough of OMG Pirates! to say if this will fit the same pattern for me personally, but I love the art style and the overall feel of the game. It feels similar to Castle Crashers on the Xbox 360 which was a fabulous game and well worth checking out, too.

If I have more time and thought to invest into my gaming, I go for bigger and deeper titles but either of these two should work for a fast action fix.

We're working on the local multiplayer mode for Minigore but you shouldn't hold your breath waiting as these things are notoriously laborous to finish and test, and we want to get this one right. We're submitting one more update by end of the year, however, as reported yesterday on our blog. This will bring in the free guest characters, a few fixes and some surprises.

16. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    Get OMG Pirates! now and Minigore when the next episode is available :)

17. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    The Answer is obvious, Both!