iPhone Kingdom Conquest

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul Hutson, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Paul Hutson

Paul Hutson Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    In my spare time I've been working on a new iPad game called "Kingdom Conquest".

It's an strategy game designed to be a bit like a board game.. instead of carrying all of the pieces and box and board and tiles around you just have one app on the iPad.

In the game you build a small Kingdom with farms, towns, villages, castles, farms and many more building types... each of them produce different resources or allow troops to be trained, or some (in the case of castles) provide a defensive bonus.

At the moment the game is multiplayer on one iPad, while I'm working on an "over the net" multiplayer version. There's also a map editor for the smaller and the larger maps...

.. and here are some screenshots from the current version.. :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm looking for a few people with iPads to test the current version to see if it is all balanced - if you're interested, please drop me a PM on these forums with your iPad UDID.

If you have any questions... please post them up...

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Not volunteering myself but I like how it looks like you've managed to combine Risk and Settlers of Catan in one game. Definitely curious to see how this turns out and hoping you'll eventually add in AI and random maps for us solo players.

3. Paul Hutson

Jun 20, 2009
    I was looking at writing some AI today, I'll get there in the end :)

As for random maps - they're already built in... and there is also a map editor as well...

4. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Oh cool, when I heard about the map editor I just skipped to the conclusion it was all hand crafted maps.

5. Paul Hutson

Jun 20, 2009
    Actually, it was the random maps that were made first - I only added the map editor and set maps later on...

6. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    How about a fusion of the two? Let the player setup the land formation for a map (thinking of Settlers, of course), but have the distribution of the specific tiles randomized?

7. Paul Hutson

Jun 20, 2009
    So sort of like a tile that is a "random" tile instead of a specific? Yeah, should be fairly easy to set up :)

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I was just going to ask if this was the same as the front page title . . . damn that sucks.

9. klicktock

klicktock Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
  10. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Aww man this is going to suck for you guys. Especially with a front page here and even in STP.