How many of you actually complete your games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by C.C, Dec 13, 2010.

?

How many apps out of your device have you completed?

1. Less than or around 25%

29 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Less than or around 50%

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Less than or around 75%

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. Pfft I finish EVERYTHING.

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. C.C

C.C Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    #1 C.C, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
    Question is in the title. It occurred to me that I have hundred of apps yet only actually completed a small majority of them. I was just wondering how many people here are experiencing the same thing as me.

Edit - High score games are of course exempt unless there is an actual ending to them.

2. mpf189

mpf189 Active Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Since a lot of my games are free, if I don't like it much then I don't bother completing them. Would be a different story if I was paying $5+ for them.

3. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    It all depends on whether or not I can get into them or not. For instance, I simply couldn't get into Assassin's Creed or Rimelands, so I haven't finished either of them. On the other hand, I LOVED Space Miner and Phoenix Wright, sop I stuck with those until the sweet, sweet end. Overall, I'd say that I finish about 70% of the games I buy.

4. matt2413

matt2413 Member

Nov 2, 2010
    It depends if I like the game. I finished games like NOVA, MC and MC2 (I like FPS on iPhone I dunno why) But games like Rayman 2, Iron Man 2 and NFSU/HP I just can't seem to finish without getting bored. I finished Cut the Rope in like a few hours it's awesome :p

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    About 1/5 of my 500+ paid apps. It's very hard to come across a game I just want to finish straight through. Some examples are Phoenix wright, rimelands, cut the rope, every gameloft game xP, etc.

6. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Rimelands is one of the few games I've downloaded that I really wanted to play to the end, but couldn't due to a game-ending bug (caravan). :mad:

Anyway, I'm at around 50%, probably less. I have serious iGaming ADHD :D I've completed games like GoF 2 and Space Ore Bust, and actually wished there was more to play. OTOH, I have a ton of quality games I've yet to get halfway through, like Song Summoner and iBlast Moki (which are both freaking old by now).

The rarer cases are games I force myself to finish, like Dungeon Hunter. I completed it today in prep for the sequel. The ending made it feel like a waste of time :eek: What a predictable game...

Then there are games I take my sweet time with for fear they will be over too soon. I'm currently playing Infinity Blade and loving it, but I'm in no rush to defeat the God King or reach level 40.

7. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    I've been somewhat of an app hoarder as I've only had an iOS device since the launch of the iPhone 4 6 months ago and instantly burned through my remaining iTunes credit getting games that were supposed to be the best of the best. I then began taking advantage of the almost weekly Gameloft sales and such and then ended up with even more games. I now am doing my best to put a dent in them and have calmed my buying a little bit but I still have a whole bunch that I haven't even started yet that I fully intend to at some point. Notable games that I have completed are Dungeon Hunter, both Modern Combats, Space Miner, Phoenix Wright, Cut the Rope, Angry Birds, PvZ, and Peggle. Hopefully I'll find a little bit of time during the Christmas break to knock some more of them out.

8. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Good topic,

I have a lot of apps & that need to be finished but I'll always have them so there not wasted to me.

9. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    About 95% for me. I've even finished Inotia 1 :O.

10. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    I'm pretty guilty of being hyper with apps, jumping from one to another. I go through a majority of it, find another game and play that one. :eek:

11. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Heh, I finish about 75% of the games I buy and much less than 25% of the games I get for free, which is kinda logical, since with freebies I try things outside my usual taste. I have found a few great games that way, though and expanded my horizon a bit.

12. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I try to finish what I can, but seeing as I have a ton of games on my iPod and not enough time to finish them all, there's no way I'm actually going to do so. Actually, most games just don't grab me enough to finish the whole thing... There are a few that really got me (Phoenix Wright, TNA Wrestling, Broken Sword), but most of the time I get distracted by other games and things going on and lose track of progress.

13. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I don't finish many games but recently I got a game finish spree quite unusual for me, Heroes Lore, Circuloid (lol I cheat because I finish most good Brick Breaker), Game Dev Story, Rage, Lord of the Rings Middle Earth Defense, and I'm in a good way to finish Puzzle Quest 2 and Gamebooks Adventure 1 An Assassin in Orlandes.

Wooo that's a record for me. :D

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I can relate on not finishing games then all of a sudden (lately) I've been on a spur of finishing many games including some shooter games and even finished Arachnadoodle yesterday.:D
    I had completed Azkend awhile back but later had all my scores wiped out.:(

I do keep many games not finished because I know I'll be back into them sometime. Sometime's other newer games take priority.:)

15. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    if it compells me enough I complete it, but most turn into the same old thing. And the only reason to complete it is for the virtue of completing it.

16. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    I REALLY fell behind in last September Sales-Frenzy. Since then I got a ton of new apps. At $1 I really less mind buying a game.
    But I am still doing them one by one and sometimes some unexpected game sneaks in between.
    Stupidly enough I bought and iPod 4G with 8GB. Then it seemed all right with the games sizes you got in average. But since November the lots of games games suddenly started to weigh in with 300MB+. That I did not see coming. So I really need to `clean up` my old unplayed games... fast.

So I expect to finish up a lot of stuff in the near future.

17. Graz73

Graz73 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Web Design, Graphics & Illustration
    Mansfield, OH
    I've got LOTS of free apps. Many of them I have not gotten to.

Almost all of my $$$ apps have been completed though....

18. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    i eventually complete my games, but these are usually games that are level based and have constant updates. if i have an app thats like boring and taking up space, i just delete it.

19. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    I've got to admit that I've only completed a handful of the 300+ games that I've bought, downloaded, deleted and/or kept! They are:

Space Miner: Space Ore Bust
    Dragons Lair
    NOVA
    Infinity Blade
    Guerilla Bob
    NFS: Hot Pursuit

That's pretty much about it. I tend to start a game, get half way through it, and then move onto something else before returning to it some months down the line. You may call it weird, I call it a short attention span. Or too easily bored. Just ask the Mrs!

20. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    You mean games have endings to them? Huh? Go figure. Would not have known that.

Nobody has video game A.D.D. as badly as I do. Hundreds of iphone apps, plus a DS, plus a PSP, plus a Wii, plus over 60 Xbox 360 games, plus a 4-game pass membership to Gamefly.