Bear Bounce - Endless bouncing! (Universal App)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by La~, Mar 16, 2011.

1. La~

La~ Active Member

#1 La~, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
    Hello Toucharcaders,

We're (La Squiggle) currently working on a new iOS app, Bear Bounce. Here's a short video showing off some of the gameplay.

Latest Video:

The game begins progression based, requiring a certain number of animals saved to get to the next stage, but once you've completed a stage it becomes "endless" - where you can aim for the highest possible score you're capable of - the more points you get the more features you unlock. Your total points are accumulated so every attempt adds up in the end. :)

We've got Easy, Medium, Hard and Extreme (which is unlocked after you've finished the stage). Hard and Extreme really ramp up the amount of animals and the speed, but also the amount of points earned!

It's going to be universal for all iOS 4.0 and above devices (supporting Retina display & Multi-tasking of course).

Feature list:

•Endless addictive gameplay
    •4 Difficulties per stage, including the earnable "Extreme" that will push your reaction to the limit
    •12 Unique stages to unlock (From the snow to the moon!)
    •6 Power-ups
    •Unlockable features, including Penguin Play (where all the bears are swapped for penguins!) based on your "total" points (accumulates after every stage - gameover or not!)
    •Top 10 online and local leaderboards per stage
    •Universal support for iPhone and iPad
    •Optimised for retina display

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have! We're currently still doing inhouse testing, but will be looking for beta testers probably next week.

I'll post some more info soon! But I'll tell you one thing: This is not all there is to the gameplay, these are the early Stages and as you progress, say to the Space stages additional gameplay mechanics come into play :) (And the animals wear space helmets to breath, of course!)

We've also got a simple website for the app: http://bearbounce.lasquiggle.com/

We'll have a trailer going up there in the future as well.

2. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I would change the icon only because it gives the impression that it's a game made for children that are in pre school.

3. La~

La~ Active Member

That's why we were open to change :)

We'll have some new concepts soon.

I'll also show off some of the other levels!

If anyone has any question about gameplay based on the video, we are all ears.

4. La~

La~ Active Member

We've made some great progress and in-house testing is going really well.

Here's some pics of a few stages, including one of the new moon stages which introduces the asteroid game mechanic (where they will knock the bears out of the sky - though in these stages the bears, due to gravity, are much more floaty so you have heaps of time to react to this separate mechanic) alternatively you can touch to destroy the asteroids.

We're working on a Candy set of stages with a new mechanic as well.

We'll show off some more footage of these new stages as we progress them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. La~

La~ Active Member

Have added a new video the first post showing it off on the iPad & some of the new Space gameplay!

6. jamesdoug

jamesdoug Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    It is looking good!