Feeling about updates

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dankrio, May 20, 2016.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Updates make an interesting topic. It improves (or sometimes break) the game. But sometimes, since games tend to have many updates on mobile, I feel that I've played an incomplete or inferior version of games. That's why I usually wait a lot before a play a new game.

Anyone feel the same? The feeling that you missed something out playing an earlier version? It is worse on mobile since not all games have cloud sync, then you have to start all over again. Also, there are so many games to play that you don't feel like playing it all again just to see the improvements or new contents.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah, I feel the same, I have always the newest games on my device, now I have 3 games on it, when I have completed a game mostly in a week I delete it and never look back again, because it's so thrilling to play just the new stuff every week.

For me developers do not need to update with new levels and stuff except Zeptolab their the greatest ha ha.

3. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Lol! I might get a treatment for that.

But overtime I think it is more interesting to wait for an improved version.

4. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Never was a PC gamer back in the day, so I only really discovered the update culture when I got an IOS device. I actually think that some devs actually quash any potential momentum by coming out of the gate with what is essentially an unfinished, buggy product with tons of potential. By the time it comes to make a substantial update, that initial heat has cooled off to the point that they may as well cut their losses and start again. I know for a fact that Crescent Moon lost a ton of time and money with some of their recent games for this very reason. I suppose when you're dealing with things on an indie scale it's hard to nail absolutely everything down prior to release, as enlisting an army of beta testers is out of the question.

On the flipside, there are quite a few games which received a warm response but quietly sunk into the mire thanks to almost never being brought back into the fore of people's consciousnesses with regular updates.