Super Marble Roll

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iScape Games, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We are delighted to announce the forthcoming release of our debut title, Super Marble Roll, available on the iPhone App Store very soon.

Using the remarkably natural tilt based controls, guide your super marble through a variety of cunningly designed courses. Negotiate platforms, collect jewels and avoid deadly drops whilst battling the clock in an exciting test of skill.

www.SuperMarbleRoll.com

2. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    This game is a little generic looking, but it's graphics are gorgeous. If this controls nicely, I'm certain I'll get it.

3. Nice. Sort of a Marble Madness/Spindizzy type of deal. Nice visuals, too. Could be worth checking out.

4. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Wow. The control looks really fine - I hope it is. My main problem with previous versions was exactly that. Marble Madness should be perfect for iPhone but it looks like it's been too difficult so far.

5. tonysfavourite

tonysfavourite Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    how is it different from the other similar games on appstore?

6. Hi Guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

We are very confident that you won't be disappointed with the controls as getting these to feel just right was one of the driving factors in developing this game. Being big fans of classics like Marble Madness and Spin Dizzy and noting that this genre was a perfect match for the capabilities of the iPhone, we really wanted to do these games justice. I hope you like the results.

A couple of specific things to note about our control scheme:
    1. There are no calibration routines, tutorials, or "neutral" points decided by the developer. You don't have to learn how to hold the iPhone in the correct position, the game simply auto-calibrates at the start of each play sequence.
    2. There is a small hidden mechanic (beyond tilt-to-roll), for advanced players to find and take advantage of.

The game is currently in review with Apple and we have a projected release window around the 25th May.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post them up here, or drop me a line directly.

All the best!

7. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    This looks very nice. Any pricing details? And I love how your homepage looks like Apple's site!

8. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I LOVED Marble Madness and look forward to this.
    You had me at "auto calibration!" ;)

9. buxman

buxman Active Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Sweden
    Reminds a lot of Marble Blast, which is a great thing :)

10. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Please let there be a dead zone (as opposed to a single point) that equates to 'level' as it will otherwise be extremely difficult to maneuver the ball around.

11. We will be running a special launch price of $2.99.

As a thank you to the core gamers out there, we will also be providing a limited number of promo codes. Watch this space :)

12. Promo codes are good. :D It does look like something worth checking out at any rate. Though I'd really love to see something like Spindizzy turn up on the App Store, I'll take what I can get. :D

13. Shokz

Shokz Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Physicist. No, not really, but maybe one day, i'm
    England. It's a sucky place.
    *sits here all day and night waiting for a promo code* ;)

That said, if i don't get one i'll certainly consider buying, looks very polished :)

14. Gamesplosion

Gamesplosion New Member

May 16, 2009
    That movie looks sweeeeeeet!

I'm there day 1.

15. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    So how many worlds/levels are you considering? I am definitely gonna get this when it comes out.

16. To be honest, our first inclination was to include a dead zone but after we experimented with it, we found that the game felt better without one. The main reason being that the dead zone interfered with low speed handling of the ball. When you needed to slow down for finely controlled maneuvers, there was an unacceptable amount of "slop".

Rest assured though... we are very aware that this game is all about the quality of the controls! :)

17. Thanks again for the wonderful support, we really do appreciate it.

The game features 14 unique level designs. If you manage to complete all of those, the game wraps with a bump in difficulty, varied object placements, different backgrounds etc. After 2 wraps (so 42 levels), the game difficulty stays the same but you can continue playing for as long as your skill supports you.

Generally speaking, the structure and presentation of the game has a strong "retro" vibe and will hopefully remind you of the golden days of arcade machines.

18. Gamesplosion

Gamesplosion New Member

May 16, 2009
    That's a lot of freakin levels.

Did you guys think about gravity changes or upsidown levels- or any extreme stuff?

19. Thought about them yes, implemented them, no. :D

We really wanted to focus on the core mechanics and keep the game accessible. The goal was something that is easy to play, but compelling enough to make you want to master it.

20. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i hope that music from the video is not in actual game...