Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    GOOD NEWS!!!

ALL damage repairs are INSTANT. Spread the joy :) :) :)

PS: Our efforts have not gone to waste. The people have spoken. And EA has listened. Do not underestimate people power.

2. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    It runs pretty terrible on an Ipad 3. I installed RR2 yesterday to compare and boy,what a difference.
    RR2 not only runs much smoother,i noticed that it's also more lively. Moving choppers,flashlights from camera's and running waterfalls. In RR3 everything is dead.
    The rest has been summed up i guess.

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry, what do you mean? I just did some repairs to mt GTR & it's gonna be 7 hrs

4. Not updated on mine yet (yes, i've quit the app and reloaded). Guess it takes time to update everyone.

They meant the smaller repairs as in windscreen etc, not the service repairs ;)

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Just closed down and re started, not instant here

6. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    I may be wrong but i think the service repairs have had a change made too them, oil change on my dodge seems be less then it was before, i banged up my ford focus and while it needed a repair i was half expecting to carry out service repair as well but the bars didnt seem to drop that much... anyone else agree?

7. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I like how some people get excited about not having to wait, or wait as long. I mean its a good direction and a positive for those that insist on playing, but really that's all it takes to make some people happy about a game, reduced timers?

8. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    #928 hellscaretaker, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    For some yes..... being a ex-facebook game player im used to "timers" its the model for 100% games on facebook but for IOS Gamer while still a 50/50. RR3 is the first IMO a major title thats everyone been waiting for that runs with timers and most cant stand them but no matter how we will complain this is the way gaming is going to go. Small IAP purchases

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    It's a start at least, does every single thing related to this game have to be negative?

10. Haven't played enough today yet to keep a check on how much it drops, but certainly wait times for services reduced yes.

Yes, when I enjoy everything else about the game. I may want the AI improving, but it's still great to play.

11. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    No, not at all. That's why I did say its a good direction and a positive. I just question the validity of the starting point for the improvement, would the improved timers have still been considered good if they were the original settings is all I'm really saying.

12. Hobbesian

Hobbesian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    The update mechanism should be familiar to anyone who has tapped out, it delivers the updates without using the app store where possible. The timers are far less brutal now, particularly for the starter cars which means you won't be spending days upon days grinding. This is definitely a start in terms of fixing the model employed.

13. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    #933 FilipAGuy, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    Times are 1/3 of what they used to be. Complete service for my Focus RS is 2 hours and something. Before more than 6 hours. First step in right direction. I still miss option to buy game for 20 bucks or so. Leave repairing there. Its actualy great idea. I wish they add iap to buy whole game.

edit: Few facts from Australian store.
    Game jumped to position 72 from 146 Top Grossing iPhone apps in less than day of, but reviews are getting worse.

282 ratings

132 - 5 stars
    17 - 4 stars
    15 - 3 stars
    23 - 2 stars
    95 - 1 star

14. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Well at least we know they were listening. These timers are far more generous now :)

15. Still the same on mine. I had the last update with reduced wait times no probs. Not this one. Still waiting 20 secs or so for each :confused:

16. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I was never really bothered by the damage repairs too much. It was those stupid service upgrades every 2 races that lasted 30 minutes or longer

17. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I fail to see why everyone is not moving the clock forward. It's really easy to do and you can bypass any timer. Isn't it working for everyone?

18. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Even though I've been cheated by the game I'm not a cheat ;)

19. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well I don't see that as a "gameplay feature" so for me it isn't cheating. But I do get your point and I respect your decision :)

20. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    That will mess up other games with timers. My girl is playing happy street and pixel people and messing with the time severely screws up progress in that games.