iPod Touch 1st Gen Requirements/Tester

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Jyaw3, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    Hey Everybody,
    so it's come to my attention that I made a mistake making, 2 Block (yet only realized now, my mistake) that it's only compatible for 2nd gen iPod Touch users, and was wondering if people know what I have to do to make it compatibile, is it a compile issue? did I use something 2nd gen only?

So I'm looking for any advice as to what I need to do. Thanks

2. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    do you need to use a microphone at some parts?

3. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    lol I don't think thats it seeing whenever a 1st gen user tries to dl a 2nd required app, it always asks that. I think a Developer could help better than us imho

4. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    nope you don't need a mic that's why I didn't think I used anything that was 2nd gen or anything, but...any help is much appreciated

5. jclardy

jclardy Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I think you might have selected the wrong box when you submitted it. It has been a while since I submitted anything but in iTunes Connect under Manage Your Applications in one of the five tabs there should be an option to change what platforms it is available for.

I just looked at your App's iTunes page and it says it is for iPhone and iPod Touch (2nd Generation).

6. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    I've changed it to all now, so we'll see how that goes? hopefully that's it

7. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    lol I thought you knew that you knew you can change the requirements anytime but make sure that you tested out the 1st to see if anything is wrong

8. Jyaw3

Jyaw3 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Programmer
    Ontario
    I have tested with someone on first gen, with adhoc and it was fine, so I thought it would be (as when you build it there's no setting) so didn't notice I guess when I updated the app that I set it to 2nd gen