Soul Rush - endless runner

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AwesomeGames, Jul 15, 2014.

1. AwesomeGames

AwesomeGames New Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Games company
    Portugal
    [​IMG]

It’s finally out there! Soul Rush!
    Our team worked on this game for nearly one year… and it was quite a ride!
    In the end it turned out even better than expected and we hope you will enjoy playing it as much as we do.

Soul Rush is a mobile runner game for iPhone and Android. The game follows Rad the devil, on a race across an apocalyptic scenario.

Watch the story intro trailer:

Brace yourselves for the end of the world! A huge cataclysm struck Earth, leaving it cluttered with wandering souls. Heaven and Hell are set on a battle to see who collects them all… and you’re on the underworld’s side!

Race your way across the apocalypse on a sweet ride, fighting angels and wrecking whatever stands in your way! Stay alive on the road for as long as you can, collecting all the souls, shooting your Grapple Gun in order to overcome long jumps and destroy your enemies using your Wrecking Ball Dash!

Features
    • Jumping, grappling, dashing
    • 5 different zones
    • 2 unlockable skins
    • 3 power-ups
    • 4 booster items
    • Replay recording and sharing
    • Lots of enemies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although Soul Rush wasn’t the first game to be released by Awesome, it was the first one to be produced entirely in our studio. Our main references for game mechanics were runners like Jetpack Joyride, Ski Safari and Zombie Tsunami. Rayman Origins was probably our biggest inspiration for the art style (I mean, how could it not, the art is just so wonderful).

As for the story, we decided to think outside of the box. What if the devilish creatures weren’t the enemy, but our heroes? Collecting the souls of those doomed by the apocalypse and defeating fierce angels! And so was born Rad, the devil dude.

[​IMG]

We played Easy Rider’s soundtrack a lot to set the mood and actually went as far as using Danny deVito as height reference for Rad. We’re very happy we made him wear pants. It was a bumpy ride, but we got there and learned a lot along the road!

Soul Rush is compatible with iPhone, iPad and Android. It will also be available soon on Windows Phone.

[​IMG]

2. The youtube thing is really cool, but i don't like the animation. I'll pass, good luck !

3. The game looks pretty good but have to wonder how useful a trailer without gameplay (the first one) is. I'll check it out when it's released!

4. AwesomeGames

AwesomeGames New Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Games company
    Portugal
    Thank you! We hope to have it ready for you guys to play pretty soon.

5. AwesomeGames

AwesomeGames New Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Games company
    Portugal
    #5 AwesomeGames, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    [​IMG]

Soul Rush is now available for download!

You can find it on the appstore HERE.

More info on our website www.awesome.pt.