!! Real Tennis 2009 from Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by shkudt, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shkudt

shkudt Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Moscow
    #1 shkudt, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
    Can't find release date yet, but look awesome!

Updated:

Attached Files:

2. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Go Go Gameloft!!

3. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    No online multiplayer. Again. Gameloft needs to start adding this to their sport games...maybe with 3.0

4. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    That looks awsome! I'll get it maybe I need a tennis app.

5. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Reminds me of Virtual Tennis. Anyone remember that game?

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

yeah, i do...

i hope gamelodt DOES include multiplayer ;)

7. 21duc29

21duc29 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Student
    I hate you Gameloft, why so many good quality games coming out :mad: You guys know how to take our money from our pockets.

Can't wait for this and that RTS game, and Sonic Unleashed??

8. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I would much rather have real basketball. I don't think I will pick this up, but instead stick with touchsports tennis mainly on graphics.

9. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, well hopefully this will galvanize HHG to beef up TouchSport Tennis, which has very good graphics and character animation, but limited gameplay nuance and no career mode.

10. I really like the look of this. And I think it certainly has potential to take the Tennis app crown. I have got thoroughly bored with TST with its lack of career mode or even a proper tournament mode (its Tournament mode is actually just a single match!).
    I hope you have the control to be able to make a drop shot and bring your opponent to the net, then lob over them etc etc.
    As for online play, I really am not bothered about that at all. I much prefer a good career mode. Perhaps that's just me.

11. shkudt

shkudt Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Moscow
    just updated first post with more description:

... look forward to an update allowing Online Multiplayer so you can challenge the entire world... :eek:

btw, accoridong to gameloft twitter, Real Tennis 2009 subbmitted, as well as those RTS!

12. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Hmm, how does doubles play work. I assume 4 human LAN or WAN players is asking too much...

13. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Looking forward to this... Not sure how well multiplayer could work considering tennis games could last a minimum of 20 minutes unless you play like 4 games...

14. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Dang after watching the preview video, this game will be amazing.

15. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Finally good game, the other 2 tennis games in the Appstore sucked.

16. Yes it certainly looks to be that, doesn't it? If the video is anything to go by, this will blow the competition out of the water (or court- not much water in Tennis).

17. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Agreed! I got so angry this morning after seeing that there had been an update for Touchsports Tennis-1.0.7. Astounded that Handheld Games had finally updated it, thinking it was the promised 1.0.7 career update, I downloaded and synced and started playing within minutes. No career. Just some stupid lame and useless bug fixes that nobody probably experienced/ cared about. That's just annoying, it really is. So I hope gameloft (and from the video, IT WILL) will deliver on this!

18. Me too. When I saw the update in the RSS, I thought it was the long awaited and promised career, and was disappointed by the list of additions

"- Compatibility update for iPhone OS.
    - Minor update for computer AI so it misses less often."

Woopee! Sounds like they have really lost interest in it. Perhaps they aren't getting the sales anymore. But if they added a career mode, that would surely bump the sales back up again.
    This game seems like it may just deliver everything we hoped would come in TST. Fingers crossed.

19. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
  20. Thanks for embedding this new vid Salsamd. Man I HAVE to get this game. I noticed the load screen said to drag to the side to slice. I assume we'll get other types by dragging up or down (up to lob for example).