★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PROPE
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 79.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.3 (3)
App description: The traditional Japanese mounted archery "Yabusame" has been reborn as a major action game!

Play through the adventures of "legendary" child samurai Nasu Santaro, who arrows were said to be able to reach the moon even as a baby!

Gallop through a huge world trying to rescue the princess from the clutches of the evil Onmyoji!

In this new type of horizontal scrolling action game, tap to shoot an arrow, and flick to make your horse jump, aiming for the goal!

Using your device's capabilities to its fullest, and with a system that allows single finger play, you can adventure through a huge world with its own special style and beautifully crafted graphics.

And did we mention the crazy boss battles?

A dragon running wild... Monster birds dancing through the sky... And an evil god sealed away... Can you escape certain death from the vicious evil that comes to attack you?

You'll have a blast playing this major action game that goes beyond your average smart phone game; it's the real deal!

*Explanation of Yabusame
This ceremonial art is part of Japan's cultural heritage. While galloping on horseback, arrows are shot at targets. It is one of the primary disciplines for samurai.

*SAMURAI SANTARO has been optimized for the latest devices. You can play with the best graphical resolution on an iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPad Air, or iPadmini Retina.

*With the free version of "SAMURAI SANTARO" ads will be displayed. Everything else is exactly the same.
04-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Well, for sure it's not "The real deal" as the description says, but heck, it's a download worth, and this is for sure. Cute distraction from the two great releases this week (HoH/Wayward). Nice graphics, good music and top controls makes it worth if you like these kind of games. If they had a coin doubler, it already was mine to say thank you. Also, just one little ad from their own website is to be seen (i'm using Weblock).
For people who don't read through all the pages it's free.

Edit: still games out there with no screen orientation.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 04-24-2014 at 12:11 PM.

04-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah, the game is a side scrolling level based running game. Best of all, it has cool boss fighting, the minus thing. It'll better if there's a HP bar on the boss level. Right now, we don't know how long we can defeat the boss... All we can do only attack on it brutally. The premium version costs $4.99. it's definitely same, but the paid one doesn't have ads

Game Center ID: copaeci
04-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Looks really cool. Downloading now
04-24-2014, 03:25 PM
I've beaten the 26 chapters and unlocked hard mode. Until, let's say lv 15, it's almost a walk in the park to get all three stars, then things spice up a bit.
Now, hard mode is another story. I had to stop after level one, but things getting quite hectic and tense, lovely.

Though there are only two consumable iap's ($1/$5) i will throw the one dollar towards them, at least.
04-24-2014, 09:57 PM
one of the most beautiful and good looking game I've ever played on iphone/ipad.

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

06-22-2014, 02:17 AM
A short gameplay video on iPad Air:

Last edited by Gamingvideo; 06-22-2014 at 02:34 AM.
07-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Is there a save feature? I played this game once and went back to it later to find that the chapter select didn't display the level I had previously made it to.