Universal Smash Bandits Racing - (by Hutch Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013

Smash Bandits Racing

Hutch Games Ltd
    Named as one of TouchArcade's Top 10 Games of the year 2013. From the makers of Smash Cops – crash through America in th…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Named as one of TouchArcade's Top 10 Games of the year 2013. From the makers of Smash Cops – crash through America in the craziest road race to hit the App Store. Power up to faster cars, get the edge with getaway gadgets and outrun the cops as you speed to the state line. SMASH EVERYTHING Well, almost. Whichever route you take through an ever-changing world of dirt tracks and dusty logging towns you can crash and bash your way through smashable scenery in the most intense display of destruction you have ever seen. UPGRADE & OUTRUN Make sure you’re always ahead of the game (and the cops) with cool car upgrades. Start with a puny compact and make it awesome with extra speed, handling and strength. SMASH THE LEADERBOARD What crazy road race would be complete without a TV chopper hovering overhead? The further you get and the more you smash, the bigger the TV ratings and the more cash you earn. BOOST YOUR CHANCES Before you head off you get to choose something to help you along the way. Stinger-proof tires, the 'Stunner' car taser and even a tank are available to give you the edge over the relentless Sheriff McBride and his deputies. CRUISE CONTROLS Innovative one-finger control makes it super easy to drive, drift & spin your car, and unleash those helpful gadgets - no matter where you’re playing. TAKE A BANDIT CHALLENGE The Smash Bandits race organisers don’t think that simply out-running the cops is a big enough problem, so they’ve put together over 100 challenges where you can test your driving skills to the limit.
    Information
    Seller:Hutch Games Ltd
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Aug 22, 2013
    Updated:Sep 27, 2023
    Version:1.10.5.4
    Size:635.7 MB
    User Rating: (10)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Looks cool, can't try it until it hits the uk store though :p
    I'm disappointed that its free though as the first game was great as a paid game and the fact it's free puts me off quite a bit,
    How can we not talk about IAP's in a free to play game? What else are we going to talk about:confused:

3. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    He just meant that any talk about IAP should be about the IAP in this particular game, not IAP in general as a concept.

4. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ipod touch 4G compatible?

how come it plays on iphone 4 and not the ipod touch 4G? can someone explain?

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    iPod touch 4G has half the ram than an iPhone 4.

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks for the video Sanuku. I watched most of it. They did an exceptional job on the graphics in this. I will have to pass on it as it seems like endless grinding to me which I'm done with games like this when I have so many great games to play and finish. Still. wow. This came out nice. Makes me want to go back and play smash cops.

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Am I the only one that thinks the docks, trees, and rocks look... familiar?

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Love the homage to Spy hunter. Presume the controls are the same as the original (not just that strange initial control they had before)

Wish it was a paid game though but looking forward to impressions on how this one plays and uses IAPs

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This worth setting up an SG account?

I really liked Smash Cops, but i guess my real question is, how long til it hits worldwide?

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #11 Rip73, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    22nd August is the full international release.
    So next week.

It is a whole lot of fun and if you liked the previous one, you'll really like this one a lot.
    I think its a big improvement and I did like Cops one also but did always imagine it would work better from the other side. And it does in a big way.

As for the freemium elements, no real problem so far that I can see but I can't buy in app on that account anyway so iap option is turned off.
    I have been just playing it without noticing or registering the freemium/iap element, partly as its not currently an option so can't really say if its a hindrance later on or not, but also its nothing relevant, hindrance or problematic so far, as in at no point have I thought its a grind or that I need to get some extra cash other than playing as normal for it.
    (Note, I'm only mentioning the freemium/iap as it'll probably be an issue for people. For me, I just focused on the game and the gameplay is good and always feels fun and grindless so far. Its unfortunate to have to mention it.)

Its definitely fun and I'll be getting the local release and throwing something at it if I continue to enjoy it as much as I have so far.
    And to put it simply, if you liked the last one, you'll probably love this one.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What are the controls like? Same as before? Push method and also traditional on screen buttons?

12. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #13 sicksilvo, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    Worldwide release next week.

If you have old device like mine,it's playable BUT don't expect stable framerate.
    Don't get me wrong as Im not complaining :)
    Maybe after few updates it will be better for us, it's really fun game.
    Yes, I know I need to upgrade.

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    More or less.
    They feel a bit more precise when using the push method but that could be a personal interpretation.
    They feel better to me. Haven't tried the buttons though.

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#15 Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    [NZ] Smash Bandits - (by Hutch Games Ltd) [Universal]

From the makers of Smash Cops – crash through America in the craziest road race to hit the App Store. Power up to faster cars, get the edge with getaway gadgets and outrun the cops as you speed to the state line.

SMASH EVERYTHING
    Well, almost. Whichever route you take through an ever-changing world of dirt tracks and dusty logging towns you can crash and bash your way through smashable scenery in the most intense display of destruction you have ever seen.

UPGRADE & OUTRUN
    Make sure you’re always ahead of the game (and the cops) with cool car upgrades. Start with a puny compact and make it awesome with extra speed, handling and strength. And when you start earning big, you might just get your hands on the fastest road car on the planet, the stunning Hennessey Venom GT.

SMASH THE LEADERBOARD
    What crazy road race would be complete without a TV chopper hovering overhead? The further you get and the more you smash, the bigger the TV ratings and the more cash you earn. Play against your Facebook and Game Center friends to see who can become the most famous Bandit on network TV.

BOOST YOUR CHANCES
    Before you head off you get to choose something to help you along the way. Stinger-proof tires, the 'Stunner' car taser and even a tank are available to give you the edge over the relentless Sheriff McBride and his deputies.

CRUISE CONTROLS
    Innovative one-finger control makes it super easy to drive, drift & spin your car, and unleash those helpful gadgets - no matter where you’re playing.

TAKE A BANDIT CHALLENGE
    The Smash Bandits race organisers don’t think that simply out-running the cops is a big enough problem, so they’ve put together over 100 challenges where you can test your driving skills to the limit.

IMPORTANT: Smash Bandits is not supported on iPad (1st Generation), iPhone 3GS or iPod Touch (4th Generation or earlier).

iPhone Screenshots

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Smash Bandits Racing

Hutch Games Ltd
    Named as one of TouchArcade's Top 10 Games of the year 2013. From the makers of Smash Cops – crash through America in th…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Named as one of TouchArcade's Top 10 Games of the year 2013. From the makers of Smash Cops – crash through America in the craziest road race to hit the App Store. Power up to faster cars, get the edge with getaway gadgets and outrun the cops as you speed to the state line. SMASH EVERYTHING Well, almost. Whichever route you take through an ever-changing world of dirt tracks and dusty logging towns you can crash and bash your way through smashable scenery in the most intense display of destruction you have ever seen. UPGRADE & OUTRUN Make sure you’re always ahead of the game (and the cops) with cool car upgrades. Start with a puny compact and make it awesome with extra speed, handling and strength. SMASH THE LEADERBOARD What crazy road race would be complete without a TV chopper hovering overhead? The further you get and the more you smash, the bigger the TV ratings and the more cash you earn. BOOST YOUR CHANCES Before you head off you get to choose something to help you along the way. Stinger-proof tires, the 'Stunner' car taser and even a tank are available to give you the edge over the relentless Sheriff McBride and his deputies. CRUISE CONTROLS Innovative one-finger control makes it super easy to drive, drift & spin your car, and unleash those helpful gadgets - no matter where you’re playing. TAKE A BANDIT CHALLENGE The Smash Bandits race organisers don’t think that simply out-running the cops is a big enough problem, so they’ve put together over 100 challenges where you can test your driving skills to the limit.
    Information
    Seller:Hutch Games Ltd
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Aug 22, 2013
    Updated:Sep 27, 2023
    Version:1.10.5.4
    Size:635.7 MB
    User Rating: (10)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #16 psj3809, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    Think this looks great, hints of Spy Hunter as well. E.g. the way you change from car-boat etc

Dont want to turn it into a 'controls argument' but does this have the same controls as the original Smash cops (as i couldnt stand that finger behind the car control)

16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Same Control System but much, much more fluent at all. I`m sure you will love it as much as I do.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep well i'll give it a go as its free. LOVED Smash Cops, this looks stunning, looking forward to trying this later

18. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Which IAP are in the game?

19. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    oh looks cool i would like to play it asap