MumboJumbo iPad and iPhone Games SALE (up to 90% Off) -99c

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Apr 2, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #1 goiMot, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    ALL MumboJumbo Games are ON SALE for 99c (iPhone and iPad):

iPad:

• Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials
    • Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate
    • Chainz Galaxy
    • Unlikely Suspects HD
    • 7 Wonders HD
    • Everyday Genius: SquareLogic

iPhone & iPad:

• Luxor HD
    • Luxor: Amun Rising HD

iPhone:

• Luxor

Mac:

$.99
    • Twisty Tracks
    • Mad Caps
    • UltraBall
    • Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials - Standard Edition
    • Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate - Standard Edition
    • Unlikely Suspects
    • LUXOR: Quest for the Afterlife
    • Discovery! Seek & Find Adventure

$2.99
    • Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate - Collector's Edition
    • Midnight Mysteries - Salem Witch Trials - Collector's Edition

2. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up! The Salem Witch Trials looks really good.

I'm wondering, do you have to buy any IAP to finish it?

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Mumbodumbo! Pass!!!

4. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    I'm confused, so is Luxor and Luxor AR the same game but with different backgrounds? Or is it a sequel with all new levels? Do I need both or just Luxor AR?

5. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Was waiting for a sale on these. Great!

6. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    7 Wonders HD is also on sale. Grabbed that one, seemed like a decent puzzler.

7. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    All these games are superb. Now, finally, I have them all. This sale is such a great opportunity to get them all at a ridiculous price!

8. Player

Player New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    I purchased Amun Rising HD half an hour before the price dropped to 0.99$. :confused:

Very disappointing, especially since the day before the price ‘dropped’ to 2.99$, pretending this was the sale.

This is not acceptable to me. Last buy ever from me for MumboJumbo, on any platform.

:mad:

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #9 pluto6, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
    I am not a big fan of Mumbo Jumbo due to their treatment of the developers of the excellent Stoneloops of Jurassica (a similar game to Luxor) - they were forced to pull it off the app store.

That being said - Luxor is an excellent shooting type Match 3, the Square Logic is an excellent math type puzzle game, the Salem Witch Trials is also excellent. 7 Wonders was great on the PC and so probably wonderful on an iPad as well. I don't know about Chainz and Samantha Swift. Mumbo Jumbo does make some really quality apps, but there are some ethical / moral issues at hand for some which I respect.

@Player - welcome to the app store. Over the past couple of years, I can point to dozens of times where this has happened to me personally, and these boards on TA have thousands of similar posts... You either purchase at a price because it is worth it, or don't. Prices change everyday, and sometimes several times / day. Many people (myself included) wishlist through various apps and just wait until they eventually hit the 99 cent price point, which they almost all do at some point - of course then people moan that when the app goes FREE the next week, they complain that they spent 99 cents on it...

10. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    ^ what he said!

11. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Bought Luxor Amun Rising HD. Too cool, man.

12. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I get why people dislike mumbo jumbo, but these are some amazing quality games.

At the end of the day, I want to have fun, and these games kick butt in the fun department.

I forget, for the witch trials game, is there more stuff without buying the collectors edition? I played it about a year ago, but I dont know if it's worth buying if nothing changes.

13. sorefingers

sorefingers Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Been hearing good things about Salem Witch Trials so naturally grabbed.

Not too sure about the rest though. How does Luxor compare to Sparkle? Anything else worth snagging?

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Sparkle is a better game with better controls. Luxor and Amun are both pretty good. Chainz is also a nice matching game with some nice strategy as well. 5 dollars will really get you a number of quality games.

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    MumboDumbo sucks big time.

16. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Yet their games are.... FUN.

At the end of the day, that's all I care about. $6 for fun? Yes, please.

17. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    On iPad, the Luxor HD version (Universal) totally worth it in comparison of Luxor iphone version, at least at this price. I pick it at this bottom price despite I had already the iphone version (Luxor). And for my pain I started play it, and stop only few hours later making me forget the hour to go sleep, awful!

I pick those I hadn't already but one, for me MM are doing games with a little extra polishing and that includes little details care for the gameplay.

But there's one I didn't pick it's the Chainz Galaxy, but well at this price and with your quote I'm going to get it. I doubt a lot it is even close to 7 Wonders that got cloned a lot but at this bottom price it's probably a bargain anyway.

18. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    No you get the full game for 0.99. Also take a look at Samantha Swift for the same price.

As for Stoneloops, the developer has moved on to other things, perhaps you should also. Mumbo Jumbo is a great developer of casual games and has every right to protect its IP as well as its code.

19. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    MJ doesn't hold the rights to marble shooters - the first marble shooter was Puzzloop (Hudson Software) and you can't gain the rights for a genre. They just used their financial power and Apples defective system to push an indie developer (who couldn't afford a law suite) out of the market.

20. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    #20 joehunt, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
    Gee I just can't imagine why Apple would have done such a thing. None of us know the real story.

And this very talented indie developer is doing just great right now with several recent PC game successes.