iOS updates break apps?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by zombiemuscle, Jun 10, 2014.

1. zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Hi guys.

I am curious if anyone else has experienced an app not functioning properly after updating ios?

For me, blazing star and metal slug 3 both were broken after ios7 I believe it was and snk took several months to update it. It showed the game with iphone being in vertical position, you could see half the game (which was still in horizontal) so that half the game was dropped off the vertical screen because the screen wouldn't rotate back to normal.

Ultimately it isn't an issue with an active developer. But what about apps that are no longer being updated?

I want to hear which apps (games) have given you issues after updating ios and what the specific issues were.

Also want speculation on wether or not ios 8 will hurt any apps. For instance: will konamis x-men arcade app still work? It has been removed from the store and hasn't seen any support in a long time. What troubles might we run into for unsupported games?