iPad [Pulled] Dead Space - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

there are 4 different suts that you can also individually upgrade abit.

Also, I'm quite sure you only play as vandal.

no it isn't on rails, the controlls are just abit different from what you usually see. I personally like them.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Holy shit i'm gonna be so effing scared. I'm a little chicken :(. It's a third person shooter..where the hell is anyone getting that it's on rails.

3. Der-Kleine

it's because of the invisible controlls. (Wich are great, because they don't fill up the screen!)

4. Der-Kleine

Nobody asked for it and I provided it, my Dead Space gameplay video with the wrong brightness settings:

I might make another video later, I'm quite abit further in the game by now.

5. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

This game is so awesome, and kinda scary!

6. ablar2

ablar2 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    wormhole

7. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Playable on 2g?

Can anyone tell me whether this is playable on iPod 2g?

8. touchgamer32

touchgamer32 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Germany

I'm 90% shure that we won't see this game in Germany :mad:

9. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Why shouldn´t we?

10. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    Does this work on a 2nd gen?

11. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010

Yeah. It's supposed to work on all devices. The graphics just won't be as good as iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4, and iPad.

12. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Or 3gs :D

13. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I can live with that! Don't mind slightly scaled down graphics as long as it works...

14. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    so, quick question...is this game scarier than Prisoner 84? I've never played a Dead Space game before, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

15. DopyG

DopyG Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Something about a rumor concerning Dead Space 2 being banned in germany because of banning..

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    The graphics aren't as good on 3GS compared to iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4 though.

MODS:
    Can you please write some answers to questions that people ask every couple of pages on the first post?

eg. The game will work on all devices, it's not on-rails, etc.

17. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    #138 sushibox, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
    While I'm not in Germany, I've heard many stories about how the German criminal code has notations in it that reference violent video games, specifically "cruel violence on humans or human-looking characters."

Coming from the US, where the Video Game industry has an age-restricted purchasing policy but little to no censorship on the content itself, Germany has a bit of a reputation for what is and is not acceptable for sale.

I own and have played through the first Dead Space game, and really enjoyed it. If you've played console games for any length of time, you may have played a Resident Evil game. Maybe you could find some continuity between DS and RE as both being survival horror games, DS however is of course more science-fiction. Both game series are relatively known for their "jumpy moments" with gaps of aesthetic silence between them, and the antagonists in both game are reflective of the undead. Both series have games with pretty open user interfaces (little-to-no HUD display while in-play) and both games follow other relatively stereotypical protocols for the genre (such as limited ammo, third-person perspective, safe-rooms, etc).

The main character, Isaac, is more of a scientist/engineer than a hero (think Half-Life). There's a pretty in-depth synthesis system in the game that you can access via your workbench that allows you to upgrade your gear, and modify it as you progress (I'm not totally sure how deep that will become in this mobile version). Weapon upgrades are important because certain weapons are functionally better in certain situations or against certain Necromorphs (the baddies).

The games rely on ambient effects, silent walks through shifty corridors, and tons of smoke-and-mirror moments where you will jump at the first sight of movement or cringe if you have to step into a poorly-lit room. There's a definite "Aliens" feel, as you move about the sections of the ship you're greeted by one "woah what happened here" moment after the next. A few sole survivors may utter with their last breath what monsters ripped them to shreds, and following trails of carnage you're often led to cramped spaces where you'll be ambushed by terrible zombie-like monsters that what really for nothing more than to rip you apart (most of the Necromorph designs remind me of Silent Hill baddies).

Survival horror isn't for everyone, but the Dead Space franchise is strong, and it delivers. The DS games are also about keeping you focused on the immediate space around you, so like I said there's little to no HUD, so in your peripheral vision you'll always be watching for even the smallest of movements, which keeps you pretty invested in the moment. The first DS game is great, I enjoyed it, and I can't wait to play the second game, but until I buy it this should keep me going for a while. If I could give just one tip though, it would be to follow the advice of people that have said it here, as well as played the first game, this looks like a game you'll definitely want to play with your headphones on. The soundscapes in these sorts of games are essential to the mood. While you may not always be jumping from something that's freaking you out on screen, you may very well be scared out of your mind because you can hear footsteps behind you. Often times you can hear what you cannot see, and that lays a foundation for some pretty spooky moments.

18. touchgamer32

touchgamer32 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Germany
    You didn't see the blood all over there in the gameplay video?

19. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Der-kleine,

Thanks for the gameplay vid. This game is going to make me more jumpy than gulping Mexican jumping beans mixed in a gallon of Starbucks' finest and darkest brew. I'm playing this baby with the lights ablaze, man.