Have you bought energy packs in Eliminate?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by upsidedown, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Have you bought energy packs in Eliminate?

1. Yes,1-2

39 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. Yes, 3-5

10 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Yes, 6+

11 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. No

159 vote(s)
    72.6%
  1. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Just wanted to see how many did/didn't.

2. AlvinDj

AlvinDj Well-Known Member

Very tempted to buy but have not purchased any yet ><

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Havent bought any yet and dont feel the need to buy either. But I`ll sure be paying something to ngmoco for this great game. Might buy a couple of $2 packs or maybe a $10 one instead :)

4. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Do Not Purchase the $10 or $30 pack!!!!

5. kazcat42

kazcat42 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    ??? Because? Don't we want this game to be a success so that more like it are made? The more serious devs we can attract to the iPhone platform the better imo...

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    i believe that if ngmofos halved the $10 and $30 packs, they would receive wayyyy more business. id totally be down to buy a $5 pack moreso than $10. i doubt they'll ever lower it tho..even tho it makes sense..the cheaper, the more business ur likely to get. $1 apps have proved that.

7. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    hmmmmm let's pay $30 to get energy cells to play the game the way it should be played so you can get credits!

wait $30 a month for energy! $30 a month for a Data Plan for the iPhone!

hmmmmmmmmmmm something doesn't seem right...

you go ahead and waste $30 a month on eliminate :cool:

8. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009

Same

9. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #9 Acidbottle, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    the pricing is horrendous, there is no way on earth id pay that for crippled software. a one off game payment or a monthly tarrif is fine, but to charge this amount of money and, after your few hours of game fun your back to where you started is incredible. there are plenty of free to play, pay to upgrade games around and this one has been devised, i feel, to milk the consumer for an unfair amount of money and as quickly as possible, its as bad as those useless mafia wars stylee titles. they need to rethink.

in anycase, its a reasonable game, not that outstanding.

10. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    ngmofos... well said.

If you guys even paused to think about it. $30 dollars can buy you a couple of amazing quality games like Doom, Asphalt 5 etc. Is this ripoff of the quake-engine even worth $30? It's a new concept, but think, people, THINK!

When gameloft comes out with Nova (with online multiplayer) and charges only $10 to play FOREVER, this game will eliminate itself nicely. :):cool::D;)

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I would rather spend $30 worth of Khalid Saikh's apps than buy the $30 energy pack (or any energy pack for that matter).

12. str1f3

str1f3 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008

I'll believe Nova has multiplayer when they actually come out with it. I believed them when they said the same thing with Ferrari GT.

I've spent probably around $15 which was what I was going to spend anyway on Eliminate. I think it's a little crazy to go for the $30 pack.

While I think it's a great game, the battery charges just simply don't last long enough. The casual gamer will only get credits about once a day. Due to the Canada launch, some got a nice head start and I'm just trying to catch up.

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well it was confirmed by Gameloft, as was the MC: Sandstorm online mp update. I truely believe that they will include online multiplayer because they are adding it to a lot more of their games now. 2 recent games of theirs - RS 10 and Asphalt 5 have online multiplayer, surely they are capable of including it in any game they want to now. And anyway, how else would Gameloft be able to ruin things for ngmoco?

14. Winterymix

Winterymix Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Registered Nurse
    West Virginia, USA
    Voted no. Games like this take quite a bit of practice to get good at, and if you are competitive like me, you would play for hours at a time a couple times a week. That would mean I'd have to dish out probably $60+ a month to play at what I would consider a competitive level. And for me, there's no point in playing at all if I can't play at a competitive level.

So, I will not be buying any extra power. I will be deleting the game from my iphone today. If the developers make it MUCH more cost effective at some point, I might re-install.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The thing is, just having online multiplayer isn't exactly a killer feature, especially with a game as stale as Modern Combat which isn't even on the top side of the paid games listing currently. Online multiplayer is only successful if it has a large community to back it up. Regardless of how much you want to complain about Eliminate, the RPG style progression system wrapped in the energy microtransactions is going to keep people playing the game for a very long time.

It seems like most of you have these visions in your head of launching Modern Combat and getting thrown in to some massive online battle... And I just don't think that's going to be the case. Even popular games that add online multiplayer after the fact hardly ever have much of an online community.

Either way, until Gameloft actually previews how their multiplayer is going to work or actually finally releases the update, talking about how much it's going to own Eliminate is kind of silly.

And as far as whether or not people are going to buy energy... Well, Eliminate is already charting on the top side of the top grossing games list.

16. intake66

intake66 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Napa, California
    well said. This is my exact issue with buying these packs. This reminds me of those wack ass mafia wars games. Drop 29.99 and buy some respect points. haha no thanks

17. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Its people like this that give apps like this its legs. Way to be their cash cow.

18. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  19. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Did I even say that Gameloft's games will own Eliminate?
    No.

Did I ask for a biased admin/reviewer's biased opinion?
    No.

I understand that ngmoco has all of this 'community multiplayer' going on, but with the payed energy system, I honestly think that the game will wear thin after a couple of weeks.
    I believe that Gameloft will take over from where ngmoco stalled.
    They always seem to have a knack of releasing just the right game at just the right time.

You can't compare a FREE FPS WITH online multiplayer with a PAID FPS WITHOUT online multiplayer (in terms of top charts/top grossing).
    And even if you could, it would NOT be an indication of which game is better.
    Obviously Eliminate will say high in the charts for a while, mainly due to the fact that it is free.
    When gameloft's online FPS game/update are released then I think we will see them go up in the charts, provided that Gameloft advertises the new online multiplayer more.

From playing both games, I can honestly say that the graphics, controls and general gameplay of MC: Sandstorm is better than Eliminate.
    And with the update on top of that, the game will just be even better.

20. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEk®
    washington
    I can't say I have bought energy packs, apparently jailbroken phones cannot.