New gta for iphone???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by g-unit-14, Oct 8, 2010.

1. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    IS gta COMING to iphone??? dont no which version but i hope Rockstar will make somethink like gangstar but far better does any1 no something?

2. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    This is in the wrong thread.

3. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Chinatown wars?

4. g-unit-14

May 11, 2010
    no NEW GTA not view from top but normal like gangstar

5. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Absolutely not. That will never happen. Rock Star would never sell that for 9.99 or less. They would especially never develop such a game exclusively for the iPhone and then sell it for 9.99. The developmental costs would be too high for them to turn a sizeable profit on that. The AppStore pricing structure would have to have a significantly higher ceiling then it has currently for that to happen.

6. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    We can hope that with the release of the 3DS that Rockstar makes a version for that and ports across.

7. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    #7 weehoo, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    NOT TO POOP ON YOUR PARTY, BUT,,,,,,,

You must be one of the board members at RockStar games? Oh yeah, you're not, and thank God, because if you were, the company would have declared bankruptcy by now. Your personal opinions, without any data from RockStar to support your theory, state that the developmental costs would be too great and that they would never sell a game exclusively for the iphone at $10.00. I guess they must have data suggesting otherwise.

1. Do you realize the costs saved by releasing a "digital only" (non-disc) game?

2. Have you seen their profit spreadsheets, or do you know the expenses used on their mobile division?

3. Do you have a masters/PhD or any certification that proves that you have the intelligence and competence to oversee the development/marketing of a #1 hit game?

Once again, I am met by a strong opinion, backed by non-existent data. "Running mouths" don't count as supportive information. The basic idea of writing or stating an opinion is quite simple. State something, then support it with data.
    EX:

STATEMENT ----------"They would never make a game exclusively for iphone and sell it for $9.99"

BECAUSE-------- RockStar has a history of charging premium prices for their software.
    -------- RockStar does not have a dedicated iphone development team
    -------- Their profit charts show no viable gain from the port of their latest game

8. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    And there's the problem with the app store marketplace and the perception of the iOS gamer/consumer.

9. g-unit-14

May 11, 2010
    HMM so no??? that is sad answer

10. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

What made you think they would?

11. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Dumaz1000 is 1 of those guys that simply posts that same opinion day in, day out on these forums. Just take a look at some of his posts - I don't think i've ever seen a post from him that wasn't harping on about that same stupid opinion.

Here's all the prove I need though: why would Capcom continue bringing out new "premium", big brand games like Dead Rising? Why would EA bring out top franchises like Mirror's Edge, FIFA11, NBA Elite 11 and Battlefield BC2? Why would Square Enix continue to push their RPGs out? Why would id bring Rage? Why would Sega bring Sonic 4 and Chu Chu Rocket? Why would Epic bring UEE3 and Project Sword? Why would Activision create CoD Zombies, Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero? Why would any of these guys make iPhone games if there was no profit in it for them?

12. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Very true. I've noticed him repeat that same argument over and over again on these forums and other websites as well.
    The iDevice is a serious gaming platform now with serious profits to be made.

13. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Haha, I might make some bazaar points on any website I come across. And not only 'why do big companies come across' but also why new indie devs come about. If there was no profit for a big company, they wouldn't care too much as they will make that money back from other departments and give up iPhone. But indie devs would not bring out app after app if there was no money.

14. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I definitely don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that a port Liberty City or Vice City from PSP could make its way to iOS. It is very plausible. I do think that their next portable release will come to iPhone, but they are probably waiting on some other games to raise the max price point. With Square Enix upping the ante and Epic saying their next game will set a higher price point, I think Rockstar is definitely considering the opportunities. But nothing is certain, and even if things are announced, it could still fall through.

15. PHUCK-O

PHUCK-O Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Or san andreas stories!

16. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Any of the PS2 era GTA games ported to the iPhone would be absolutely epic!