Universal Climby Hammer - Multiplayer Crafting Physics Climber (by Naquatic)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #1 Naquatic, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Edit: Please direct your attention to the new Games thread!

Hi everyone! We’ve got one for you! Climby Hammer is our take on the hammer climbing genre — inspired by games like Sexy Climbing and Getting Over It — but with a mountainous twist.

All of the courses are player made. Hop in and build your own mountain… or cave… or skyscraper… or… anything.

Upload your course, share it with the world, and then IT’S ON. Challenge any course — at random or by entering a share code — and compete against the world’s best times for that course.

Oh, and you can design your character’s face from scratch while you’re at it!

We’ve got TestFlight invites for anyone who wants in. And we’re holding a special contest for all who participate! Create your most challenging course and post the share code here. Tomorrow we will pick one of your courses. The players who hold the gold, silver, and bronze times for that course by Sunday night get some big rewards :)

UPDATE: We've got our course! brothamannp11911's "Quaint Village in the Mountains." Challenge it with code NYREW274. The players with the top three times by Tuesday night get a character unlock of their choosing :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    INSPIRED BY GETTING OVER IT!

I'll be honest, pewdiepies recent let's plays of that has been a guilty pleasure of mine.

3. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Incoming! The competition should watch out. You've got a proven track record of creating absolute terrors...

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    My exams are over Wednesday, so bear with me until then ;)

5. skrrra

skrrra New Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Could you please invite me to the beta? My email adress is [email protected]
    I would love to play it :)

6. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    I don't understand, I thought the TA forum is your full-time job?

7. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Hi Skrrra, you got it! I sent over the invite. It should show up any moment.

8. eddhigham

eddhigham Member

Mar 13, 2013
    TestFlight

Could I test out your Climby Hammer game please? My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

9. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Count me in

10. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    You're welcome! I'll send it over right now.

Counted!

11. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
  12. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Hey Jdawg! You got it, invite en route!

13. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    #13 brothamannp11911, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    This is absolutely terrible...

Not the game. The game is brilliant in what it lets you do.

....i mean my ability to play. My kids just say and laughed and laughed at me.

Two or 3 requests...

Ability to control either side of screen. I'm a lefty. It's nice to switch up too with a game requiring such intensive quick moves.

You need to let us make barriers you guys. Give us the POWER. I started making rampage inspired map and no Godzilla or King Kong :( as in let us design obstacles

Just some tweaking in editor... I'll select a piece after scrolling and it won't show, in have to push confirm then delete it... can't see it on map....

Really this better blow up for you success. These games are a "thing" right now which I don't get self-harm lol but to each their own!

14. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Hahaha it's a brutal one! This is some great feedback, thank you so much.

You can change left handed vs right handed in the settings menu (the gear button on the main menu). Had you missed that? Or did you mean you'd like to be able to switch sides in the middle of a run by touching one side or the other? The latter could actually be great. We'll try it out and see if it is too confusing for new players.

Can you explain a bit more? Isn't sizing up an obstacle to be larger effectively a barrier? Or do you mean you want an object that extends infinitely in two directions?

We haven't been able to reproduce this yet. Any chance you have steps to make it happen reliably?

15. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    1. Be great to switch hands in middle of a map.. being able to switch portrait and landscape would be great, too, it's definitely a one handed game.

2.i mean, you all have made houses, rocks, etc. Be great if we could use an object editor or something... maybe too much, but just a thought... so we could design robots, spaceships, etc. And help create more objects...

3. I will try and reproduce. At work so not too accessible at moment :)

16. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    1) Oh got it. I'll look into both.

2) This is the dream, really. Almost certainly outside the scope of the game at the moment but it's on our wish list too :)

17. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Finished a map and...

Naquatic,

So if you have 2 fingers on the screen and touch the "add object" button, it goes all wacky with sizes and things. Check it out.

I've attached screen shots, one of my map which I would call "Quaint Village in the Mountains" code NYREW274. Enjoy, its not too hard but there is a maddening spot, captured in the other screen shot... when you can't move the hammer. Your little Climby dude gets stretched too far.

This is brilliant, I don't just say that. Your world design tool is very easy to use, my children can figure it out. I really hope it takes off!:D

Attached Files:

18. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Also, seriosuly the mapmaking tools.... you guys could make other modes or games with those tools and itd be a hit, they are PERFECT for mobile gaming. I could see designing a Sonic-style game with them easily... or any other side scrolling genre.

Anyway, again good job.

19. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    #19 Naquatic, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    You're the best :). I was able to track that creation bug down thanks to your description.

As for the hammer getting stuck... that's just life with physics man. A benevolent creator would have built in a safety measure to prevent that from happening.... you should reach out to the developer of the course and complain about that trap ;).

Speaking of which... your course is the official choice for the contest. I'll update the original post shortly!

P.S. Sweet helmet

20. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    #20 brothamannp11911, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Another level

XAZYNN227

This is harder.... I did put in some paths if you fall but if you jump off the world, your fault.

Way too much time with this tonight need to take a break! :D

Another fun "feature" I discovered making this map... Climby let go of his hammer... and if I hit swing just right HE jumped to the hammer, great way to avoid endlessly falling! It didnt work all the time...

Feature request... ability to zoom out or see the whole map. Maybe pause button but time keeps going? Or At least at start see whole map...