Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Nope.

2. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    It doesn't list it as one of the fixes.

3. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    What is the like with like breeding strategy?

4. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    Sorry, I forgot and sent you something. Don't forget I have this week's set saved for you if you want it.

5. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Do they even know its a problem I wonder?

6. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I focus totally on a breed and e.g. now, I'm all Spira, and breeding Spira with Spira for mostly 1 in 4 chances of a new frog. Instead of using Anuras for cheaper breeding as others do. Runs me out of coin but levels quicker.

7. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    What I'd like to know is what's the most efficient way of breeding 2 or 3 species at a time whilst still using the like with like, without having to have 2 complete color wheels?

8. Spearcom

Spearcom Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2011
    #25528 Spearcom, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    Who wants a templum color wheel.
    Its freeee.
    So are all the other frogs i obtained thanks to my fellow traders.(except the anuras)
    I am going to work on tessera so i need the room.
    Thanks

9. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    Yea I started that. I dex 2 Species at the time. I have 32 frogs in total. 16 of each secondary color. I made sure to have the primary colors distributed also but have some doubles. I use 2 specues at the same level to help getting about even of each when bred together.

I started this so it would be less boring when I do paterns I dont like. Also I mixed the colors for my starters so I have as much contrast as possible for the same reason. A bit more complicated to know where I am at but way less boring and I think it goes faster this way. If someone wants to take a look, I am now dexing Lanterna and Glacio. My wheel is on my 5 last habitats. Also, if anyone is interested I can post the name list.

10. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    I would love the templum color wheel... And thanx to all the new gc friends for gifts... X Br

11. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    New to forum so just figuring out how to reply to a post directly ... Wd love the templum wheel ... X Br

12. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Thanks for your reply. I kind of figured you'd need 32 so will go and have a look at your habs. I would like the list please. If no one else needs it would you mind PMing me? Also, how do you keep track of progress? I have a spreadsheet when I do one breed, so do you integrate the 2 breeds on the one sheet or just wing it?

13. Maupie010

Maupie010 Active Member

Oct 21, 2010
    @Awboj:
    Thanx for your help, I received the froggy! :D

Is there someone that can help me with one of the following froggies?

Tempium
    Papilio
    Cornus
    Pictoris
    Shelbus
    Skelletos
    Lotus
    Dimidius
    Igneous
    Palma
    Botulus
    Visus
    Janus Gemma
    Pulvillus

I can help you with the weekly set (Harvest) or any other froggie.

Thanx, Maupie010

14. hollowman

hollowman Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Singapore
    Thanks! Glad that you like it :eek:

yeah the Lunaris is a solar eclipse, which is the closest design to the moon i can think of.

it could also be a black hole, because all light are absorbed by it, leaving a 'ring' of light around it...

15. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    I do this. Meplie's strategy sounds much like mine: two habs with my 16 breeders, all secondary colors represented. Step one: breed all combos of seven of the base colors so I can pick up the "missing" base colors as breeders. Step two: breed all combos of a hab one base and secondary color and a hab two base and secondary color so that I can sell two breeders and not have to shuffle frogs when I move a frog from hab to hab. Step three: keep breeding out the base colors til done.

I raise frogs to maturity, so I'm not a fast dexer, but I'm rich! :D Right now I'm dexing Fortuno and Nasus. It's nice to still have "short time" breeds to raise, as I can fill in all available spaces, including the nursery, with them and be able to sell them off next time I play the game.

I have an excel chart for each breed and I x the boxes as I get that combo, color the box solid for my breeder.

It's not listed with the update, but I suppose the "NEW" with gifts isn't fixed yet? Bummer.

--Q

16. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    Thanks, I'm sending you a friend req so I can look at your habs. Glad it's not just me that uses spreadsheets :) I think this game is attractive to organized types like us.

17. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I also use spreadsheets, love to 'x' the little boxes as I get a new frog. I have gone back to old school and record my gifts like this also.

18. hollowman

hollowman Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Singapore
    I can't bear to see my coins dwindle, breeding a Spira with another Spira because in my game the odds are more like 1-in-40 than 1-in-4.....Sometimes i really feel like raging :mad:

19. Quossum

Quossum Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2010
    The Great State of Texas
    [​IMG]

Thought you guys might like to see one of the charts. The little dots next to the color tell me that I have represented that color, so you can see that I'm breeding out Azure so that I can pick up the Glass Cafea to take its place.

And yes, I definitely have a "gifting notebook" too! :cool:

--Q

20. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Love the spreadsheet Quossum, very similiar to mine.

It is unreal how fast we can level up with the new frogs. I have already gone from level 60 to 62, which is ALOT of xps. It also means that I have bred alot of dups and gone through alot of coins. Maybe I will go negative before I finish the dex :D I hate to see my coins go so fast but I was saving them for a rainy day and it is pouring right now.