Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-10-2013, 01:40 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Too many to name, but a few excellent ones that have been forgotten

Little White Bear Studios (TanZen, Compression)
Illusion Labs (Labyrinth 2, Mr. Crab, Blast Away)
Kieffer Brothers (Abca, Aqueduct, EnsoDot, etc)
10 Tons Ltd - Azkend
Meridian - Alive 4 Ever, Abigale
Kris Pixton (PathPix)

I agree that HalfBrick, Crescent Moon, and Imangi are also really excellent.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

FDG Entertainment
Big Fish Games
G5 Entertainment
Donut Games
Halfbrick Studios
Rovio Entertainment
MumboJumbo
Gameloft (- freemium)
Electronics Arts (- freemium)
Square Enix
Kieffer Bros.
Sega
ZeptoLab UK Limited
PopCap
Crescent Moon Games
Polarbit
Rockstar Games
10tons Ltd
Namco
Taito Corporation
Capcom
Ravenous Games
OOO Gameprom
Miniclip
Full Fat

Last edited by SCZ77; 05-10-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Old 05-10-2013, 03:40 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I have many developers who have games I love, but as for favorite developers (i.e. Devs who frequently update there games and care about there fans) I'll create a short list below, in no particular order.

Zack Banack - (Jtpck and Alcatrapz) He's managed to develop two awesome iOS games before he even turned seventeen. It makes me feel like I've wasted so much of my life, lol Both of these games are really hardcore and every game he creates is polished and creative.

Limbic Software - (TowerMadness, Nuts!, Zombie Gunship, etc....) Arash, one of the devs behind Limbic actually has a (almost) weekly podcast called "Walled Garden Weekly." I was obsessed to all there games before I even heard about the podcast though. It's insane, but before I started playing a wide variety of iOS games as a hobby I played Nuts! for around 70 hours I think. It scares me how much time I've wasted in such a simple game.

Auxbrain Inc. - (Zombie Highway) Kevin (co-host on "Walled Garden Weekly.") is very concerned with giving players the best experiance possible. I've gotten almost all platinum medals on ZH and I'm anxiously waiting for his next two games to drop. Also, the fact we share the same first name might have something to do with him being one of my favorite devs.

Halfbrick - (Jetpack Joyride) I know they've created many other games, yet JJ basically spawned a whole new genre. What's not to love, it will forever be a classic iOS game!

4Play Studio - (Ninja In Barrel) There first game is one of the most advanced and well thought out puzzle games I've ever played. The reason they're on my favorite dev list though, is because of the overwhelming amount of kindness and gratitude they've shown me. I was even inspired to create some tutorial videos on YouTube for there game.

AidemMedia - (City of Secrets 2) The funniest iOS game ever, and the most I've ever felt connected to virtual characters in an iOS game.

Imangi Studios - (Temple Run, duh ) They inspired a generation of endless runners. 'nuff said.

Get Set Games - (Mega Jump, Mega Run) Mega Jump is one started and fueled my passion for mobile gaming. I also had some very good conversations with Nick (one of the devs) regarding Mega Run, and he took everyone's suggestions on TA very seriously.

Butterscotch Shenanigans - (Towelfight 2) The funniest developers ever! They also make great and innovative games.

... OK, I guess it's time to stop now. I could go on forever, but I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. The above devs have given me countless hours of fun and give so much to the iOS gaming community. I will always insta-buy any game that one of the developers above creates.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:58 AM

thanks for these lists..i might check out some of these companies' games.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98

Not sure if anyone has mentioned these guys yet, but I gotta give a shout out to Craneballs.

They make some addicting and high quality games, and they're active in their forums and make really good updates, sometimes content updates, sometimes responses to complaints.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:03 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Off the top of my head and in no particular order,

Radiangames
Llamasoft
Raptisoft
Sunny Tam/Doragon
Cave
A true shooter fan.

Yeah, Luke @ Radian, Sunny @ Doragon, El @ Firi, John with Plasma Sky...

I wish Raptisoft (John) and Mika Mobile (I think his name is Noah) were around more.

The guys from Mountain Sheep in the Minigore 2 thread.

Props to Alex @ Game Whizzes for all the responses in the Fangz thread, even though he and I didn't always see eye to eye
Old 05-18-2013, 09:26 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Llamasoft (alias Jeff Minter).
Old 05-29-2013, 05:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Btw how could I forget silver tree media..Every game they made has high quality and polish..For me cordy 2 is the best action platformer on the AppStore..A masterpiece..