Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 10-19-2014, 12:36 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Okay, so I've tried Blue Estate.
Mechanics? Pretty good. The swiping to push away Tony's hair is annoying, but thats about my annoyance with it. It just needs to be a little bit brighter, just to make enemies easier to distinguish. I'd like to see it's mechanics again.

I do not like the story though. It's just not my thing really. Eh, happens.

I'm gonna try Natrual Doctrine next, as my library did have it. I hope it's good.

Also, anyone else hyped for Far Cry 4?
Old 10-19-2014, 05:18 AM

I had high hopes for Blue Estate but it had a lot of annoyances yes. Pity because the aiming mechanics actually would have worked in a better game.

Far Cry 4 looks right up my alley, I don't overly care about the story but if it builds on what FC3 offered (which it sounds like it has) I won't be disappointed. Lotsa guns, vehicles, vaste environment, explosions, wildlife and general carnage, what's not to like.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:59 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'll buy a PS4 tomorrow (yay) which is bundled with Destiny and will get Diablo 3 (really excited to finally get my hands on this. Can't wait to play it) at the end of the month. So, from now on I'll have a look on this thread. ^_^
I know Destiny doesn't live up to its hype but I hope it gets better over time.

Last edited by Nekku; 10-23-2014 at 03:02 PM..
Old 10-23-2014, 06:57 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm loving Diablo 3, playing on hard mode. I'm level 57 and on Act 3.

Just took Asmodan down in 9 secs flat. Haha
Old 10-27-2014, 05:50 AM

Sunken a bit of time into Shadow of Mordor, some brief thoughts; climbing and scaling feels more natural than AC, combat is good and very similar to Batman but doesn't require quite the degree of accuracy to succeed, leveling is par for course and what you'd expect (new moves, abilities, etc), riding mounts is fun, Nemisis system is great but having 1 or 2 captains turn up at a time would be more believable than some instance of 4 or 5 who each have their own intro, AI is a bit blind but welcomed due to the fact nearly everything wants to kill you (the world has no real safe zones that I've encountered, there is no respite), player model is a bit naff stylistically (just personal preference) but everything else is modelled well, death has a real penalty due to the power shifts.

Overall good game, not a classic and sometimes gets a bit annoying due to hostile nature of the world, but generally well done and fresh enough from other games (although it does borrow from a few different titles) to be worthwhile. Like no other Lord of the Rimgs game I've played, which is a good thing.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:44 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

PS4 2.0 is out (at least in US). Anybody update yet? Any issues?
Old 10-29-2014, 09:51 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Some people are definitely having problems with the renamed "Rest" mode. Sometimes you can't get the system to power up. I've had a bunch of friends who already ran into this. We haven't yet, but I'm going to forgo using Rest mode until an update is out. If it happens to you you have to be to unplug the PS4 and then plug it back in. Then it should power up. I'd avoid using Rest mode until they fix it. Hopefully soon.

EDIT: apparently press and hold power button on console for 30 seconds will force the power off - no need to unplug. That is, if you can remember which button is which on the console….

Having said that, 2.0 seems pretty solid otherwise. I like the new free themes available. Spiral is pretty cool. I haven't tried Shareplay yet but some of my friends have and they report good results. Also apparently the sound quality of headsets is greatly improved, even with the pack-in headset, though I haven't tested this out myself yet.
: apparently pressing and hold power button on console for 30 seconds will force the power off - no need to unplug.

Last edited by crunc; 10-29-2014 at 10:41 AM..