Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS (Universal app by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    So I got to Warrior Lv 20 and realized double attack sucks :(

My char does 1200 per attack but with double he does 600 per hit. I'm better of using strike than this crap.

2. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    So I beat the game and it tells me I can access the Gladiators Hall by talking to the Moogle at Castle Lux. The Castle Lux is no longer a castle and I see no Moogle? What gives?

3. dennislamcv

dennislamcv Active Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    Found out you need to get back to Castle Lux via Dark Gate area.

The Moogles are in one of the rooms. Beware the battles are tough!

4. dennislamcv

dennislamcv Active Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    Pair with Ninja job bro and you see the diff........:)

5. Blizzard500

Dec 5, 2010
    Thanks! I thought I was doing something wrong.

6. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Can't wait for ninja class :) But I think I should be leveling monk instead of DK to pair ninja with.

7. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Question for all you people at the endgame, how much JP do you get? Enough to max all jobs if you'd want to?

8. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Hey, thanks for the reply! I actually managed to beat him after I changed my Dark Mage to a White Mage, and then beat him on the first try. I had 2 fighters and 2 white mages. One mage was just healing all the time and the other was taking of whatever maladies the fighters might be getting put on them. I would also cast SLOW on him every chance I got. That prevented him from casting Caustic Spittle every other turn...helped a lot!

9. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    Just beat the game, got about enough JP to max roughly 5 jobs.
    Endgame you need to find "Moogle Coins" to turn in for JP.

10. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    I noticed this too.
    Double Attack didn't seem to halve my damage by half. But I'd lose a bit.
    For example, normal hit would be 1000. Double hit would be 750x2. Slightly less per hit but more damage overall.
    A bit lackluster, but pair it with Ninjas Dual Wield or Paladin's Twohand Hold (Although the Holy Blade's strike is more powerful) causes it to retain the correct damage.

11. Blizzard500

Dec 5, 2010
    I have beaten the game as well as the 3 special bosses (that you can continually beat and they get harder).

I would have to say the most damage output if using a non-magic character is using a high weapon damage character like Warrior or Dark Knight equipped with the dual wield (max ninja ability) and aim (max ranger ability). You want to select the spread shot ability from aim and it allows you to attack 4 times. Combine that with dual wield, that's 8.

Also, a magus equipped with the ability magic font (max black mage ability) and spam ultima and flare spell (max magus ability) can generate about 7500-9999 damage.

Also, the f-ability mighty wall (from paladin mighty guard and warrior warcry) is essential in minimizing damage to your guys while maximizing the damage your guys deal.

In summary, the only useful jobs I find to max are:

Warrior - for counter (useful in early game, not so much later) and warcry (in battle arts)
    Ninja - for dual wield
    Ranger - for spread shot
    White Mage - for mental discipline (halves all mp cost in battles)
    Seer - for holy and araise (one of them might be white Mage ability, forgot)
    Black Mage - for magic font (doubles spell damage)
    Dark knight - for black liner (same damage in back row)
    Paladin - for might guard

I hope this helps.

12. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Need advice!

What to do with a Lv 20 White Mage. Should I just turn her into a Red Mage for double cast or is there something better? should I just stick with white Mage this late in game? (dark team, beginning CHP 4)

Also just mastered a different Red Mage but she is going master Black Mage then Magus.

Wish earning ability slots was universal because it seems like a pain to restart a job with 2 slots this late in game.

Thanks in advance.

13. Blizzard500

Dec 5, 2010
    You should stick with the White Mage and wait until you acquire the Seer (white Mage upgrade). I don't think the dark team has a seer, so just wait. As far as magic classes go, you should max black Mage and magus in dark team and white Mage and seer in light team. Are you at the point where you can use 8 characters yet?

I have never used red Mage as I thought it's a jack of all trades master of none kind of class and not sure what the abilities it gains.

14. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Ah, that makes so much sense Blizzard! :) I forgot the teams join up which makes leveling the (dark) white mage pointless since I'm dumping her for the Red/white/seer mage.

Red Mage is only good for double cast. But it's overkill with this easy FF. I have yet to grind much for any battle. But if you are like me, I can't help but try to make the most powerful characters :D

15. Blizzard500

Dec 5, 2010
    I have maxed a red Mage for fun and doublecast is indeed very deadly. I use a Magus equipped with the ability Magic Font and Double Cast and she'll cast double ultima or flare or meteor with great damage. Too bad my Magus at level 90 is only at around 4000 HP and dies easily.

Yes, the whole game has been a cake walk even the final boss. But once you unlock the 3 mega bosses at the end, you will hav to give your everything.

16. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    It helps a lot, actually. I've been playing the game mostly without jobs because I didn't see any point. Nice to know there are a few useful skills in there. Most of them are useless, and I'm still annoyed thief has no +1 slots to learn.

17. Blizzard500

Dec 5, 2010
    You should definitely try out the jobs since part of the fun in the game is experimenting with job abilities. You also don't want to put battle experience AP to waste. I thought all jobs had a +1 ability slot after you reach level 10.

18. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    For some reason I don't think thief has any. They don't let us 'experiment' with job abilities because they limited the growth with JP. There's no way to tell what a class might offer.

19. LukeAndvari

LukeAndvari New Member

Sep 25, 2012
    #239 LukeAndvari, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    okay, thank you.

20. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Anyone getting flashy screen with a iPhone5 or on ios6?...kinda bummed