★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Eliminate or Nova

View Poll Results: NOVA vs ELIMINATE
NOVA 115 79.86%
ELIMINATE 29 20.14%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll
10-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Eliminate or Nova

So, who's waiting for what? I'd say that Eliminate will be pretty polished, but if I had to root for a game, it would have to be Nova. Eliminate just feels like a scam Job posting on craigslist, that promises free training, and a 60k starting salary. Then you show up, and you gotta pay, but it's refunded upon hire. Riiiiight. Sure it is. And that's if your hired. A room full of people, only only two spots available.

I hope they spend a lot of time on Nova, and all these other great Gameloft titles were just a build up to something great, like Nova may be. It is almost like each great recent game takes a piece of this theoretical uber game that Gameloft is secretly developing. One could only hope.
10-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Send a message via MSN to K7A7O7S Send a message via Yahoo to K7A7O7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorbjorn View Post
So, who's waiting for what? I'd say that Eliminate will be pretty polished, but if I had to root for a game, it would have to be Nova. Eliminate just feels like a scam Job posting on craigslist, that promises free training, and a 60k starting salary. Then you show up, and you gotta pay, but it's refunded upon hire. Riiiiight. Sure it is. And that's if your hired. A room full of people, only only two spots available.

I hope they spend a lot of time on Nova, and all these other great Gameloft titles were just a build up to something great, like Nova may be. It is almost like each great recent game takes a piece of this theoretical uber game that Gameloft is secretly developing. One could only hope.
I dont quite understand what you mean, but Eliminate is obviously the better of the two. That is unless you are a fan of Gameloft and their cheap ripoffs that never get updated.

10-01-2009, 06:45 PM
I prefer the Halo style of FPS gunplay compared to Unreal Tournament, plus I'm still not a fan of Eliminate's microtransaction system.

Right now Nova. Eliminate looks kinda lame.
10-01-2009, 06:47 PM
i have gotta say eliminate, idk i would just feel better supporting ngmoco over gameloft (and as someone pointed out gameloft never updates)

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV
10-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7A7O7S View Post
I dont quite understand what you mean, but Eliminate is obviously the better of the two. That is unless you are a fan of Gameloft and their cheap ripoffs that never get updated.
The micro transactions. I'm just not a big fan of them being so closely associated with game progress. Sure, you can play without earning credits, but just imaging playing a rpg where your have to wait 90 minutes before you can start gaining exp. again, and then wait another 90 minutes after destroying 3-4 monsters. OR, you can spend baby's milk money on energy, OR you could even apply for a credit card and destroy your credit, condemning you to that one bedroom apartment with your family of three. Micro transactions should add to gaming experience, not hinder it.

It sure is smart, though. Good job, ngmoco.

Last edited by Thorbjorn; 10-01-2009 at 06:55 PM.
10-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Quote:
The micro transactions. I'm just not a big fan of them being so closely associated with game progress. Sure, you can play without earning credits, but just imaging playing a rpg where your have to wait 90 minutes before you can start gaining exp. again, and then wait another 90 minutes after destroying 3-4 monsters. OR, you can spend baby's milk money on energy, OR you could even apply for a credit card and destroy you credit, condemning you to that one bedroom apartment with your family of three. Micro transactions should add to gaming experience, not hinder it.

+1. Those marketing developers deserve a giant chocolate chip cookie.

7/26/10-- Matt Garza throws first no-hitter in Rays history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki View Post
It may strike you as disrespectful to ask questions, that's ok, it strikes me as stupid not to.
10-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Quote:
The micro transactions. I'm just not a big fan of them being so closely associated with game progress. Sure, you can play without earning credits, but just imaging playing a rpg where your have to wait 90 minutes before you can start gaining exp. again, and then wait another 90 minutes after destroying 3-4 monsters. OR, you can spend baby's milk money on energy, OR you could even apply for a credit card and destroy you credit, condemning you to that one bedroom apartment with your family of three. Micro transactions should add to gaming experience, not hinder it.

well, i dont think 90 minutes is a very long time to wait

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV
10-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vester View Post
well, i dont think 90 minutes is a very long time to wait
Then you've made your choice. I don't know how long it will take to blow through 3-4 games, but I'm assuming not long, especially for noobs who are getting head shotted whilst fumbling through their inventory. And same goes for the ones who are getting the head shots as they free fall off a platform to melee player number three. They wont be in their room for long, clearing it out. Even with the complex algorithms.

I think ngmoco relies on this extreme short room play to frustrate people into buying energy.
10-01-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm currently leaning toward Eliminate, for RPG elements, such as stats, armors, and guns, that Gameloft probably won't elaborate on. I don't have the slightest interest in Nova, but I do believe that Sandstorm has some good potential for online multiplayer. But if it's local wifi, then no thanks.

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2
10-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Definitely Eliminate for me. Looks way more fast paced, and I like choices to customization, like Modern Warfare.

back