★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What I hate about this forum.

02-28-2009, 11:05 AM
What I hate about this forum.

I hate when people say they only have X amount of money and then ask which game to buy. IMO if you have only X amount of money dont waste it on a game --- buy your baby some food ---- stop smoking ----- save you money and buy a bike which is way cheaper than a car ---- take that X$ and take the bus to your local college and think of upgrading your education so you dont just have x$ to spend on games anymore.

Sorry but every time I see someone say ---I only have X amount of money tell me what to do ---this is what I want to say

And yes.... I realize this is mostly coming from small children with only an iTunes card and their babysitting money ---- but darn kids --- get more babysitting jobs ---- go through you back alleys and recycle those cans -- nobody should be worried about only having 5$ in their pocket ---that sucks.

have a great day folks!

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
02-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
I got nothing to say. I have never said I have $X.XX amount of money.

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz

02-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Uhh sometimes they are adults wondering what to do with a "gaming or cell phone budget" as well. Also, do you know how hard it is to find a well paying part time job, even babysitting, nowadays?
02-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
Uhh sometimes they are adults wondering what to do with a "gaming or cell phone budget" as well. Also, do you know how hard it is to find a well paying part time job, even babysitting, nowadays?
Screw a part time job. Learn SDK, program a game, and sell it on the AppStore. Buy some games. Follow that cycle and you shouldn't have to worry about money running out.

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz
02-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Hello parranoya, sounds like you are para..

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
02-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parranoya View Post
I hate when people say they only have X amount of money and then ask which game to buy. IMO if you have only X amount of money dont waste it on a game --- buy your baby some food ---- stop smoking ----- save you money and buy a bike which is way cheaper than a car ---- take that X$ and take the bus to your local college and think of upgrading your education so you dont just have x$ to spend on games anymore.

Sorry but every time I see someone say ---I only have X amount of money tell me what to do ---this is what I want to say

And yes.... I realize this is mostly coming from small children with only an iTunes card and their babysitting money ---- but darn kids --- get more babysitting jobs ---- go through you back alleys and recycle those cans -- nobody should be worried about only having 5$ in their pocket ---that sucks.

have a great day folks!
I thought the whole point behind those "I have $5 dollars, what should I buy" is because they don't have much money to spend on games and thus want to spend it on the best games they can get?

For instance, I don't have the money for Killzone 2 right now this month, but I have appeased my gaming side by buying appstore games. Haven't crossed $10 yet.
02-28-2009, 11:23 AM
This really should be in the lounge, or site discussion sub-forums... I agree with you though, but what can you do? It comes in waves...

Gamecenter:1337brian
02-28-2009, 11:24 AM
They're not talking about how much money they have left.

They're talking about how much money they have left to spend on games, or more likely, how much iTunes gift card spending money they have.

I never thought I would actually have to tell someone that, it seems so painfully obvious.

bear. iPhone Game Development Team RECRUITING!! http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4957
02-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiao View Post

They're talking about how much money they have left to spend on games, or more likely, how much iTunes gift card spending money they have.

I never thought I would actually have to tell someone that, it seems so painfully obvious.
Yes, that's the point. If someone only had $5 left and are spending it on games and have an iPhone or iPod Touch they need to set their priorities straight.
02-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiao View Post

Thanz --- I never looked at it this way before

lets say then I do dislike the way they phrase their questions --- it never starts off with --" Mommy only gave me 2.50 ...what should I do". To me it sounds like an absolute statement of fact that poor jonny has only 5$ ---help me guys what do I do ...there I helped --- If someobody starts off their question with "My iTunes card .... or my games budget only allows that I spend..." but they dont.

Mabey I am too anal and I cannot make the inference that they wish me to. I just feel sad for people who say I only have 5$ what should I buy...then I think of bums on the streets who have cell phones .....

sorry for all the trouble ---flamers! :P --- no offence should be taken by the homosexual community by my last comment --- or mabey the inference will never be assumed?!

i`m sleepy

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left