Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-04-2014, 12:16 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketDaddy45 View Post
What I found works great is I have big railroads that run in a big circle. I circle Africa and South America so I'm always picking up parts with my fully upgraded diesels that are destined for the other side of the continent. So typically my trains are loaded with 4X600 or 5X 1600 jobs so every stop is a lot of coins. Also pick up some bigger bux jobs that way.

Then I have two railroads that cross the world. One goes from Nome to Christchurch so it's not uncommon to pick up 80 bux jobs and 5X 6500 coin jobs.

The other goes from Honolulu to Tokyo--same thing. They both just go back and forth.

And I try to complete the daily events.
Question! When you say Honolulu to Tokyo, is that just one long series of transcontinental routes for one train, or more than one train? My one complaint about Pocket Trains (as with Planes) is that the world is not actually round in these games! I WISH I could have a Honolulu route that connects east instead of west.

(OK, I also would complain about the lack of updates, but that's minor.)
Old 03-13-2014, 08:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by snippygal View Post
Question! When you say Honolulu to Tokyo, is that just one long series of transcontinental routes for one train, or more than one train? My one complaint about Pocket Trains (as with Planes) is that the world is not actually round in these games! I WISH I could have a Honolulu route that connects east instead of west.

(OK, I also would complain about the lack of updates, but that's minor.)
Just one railroad that follows a route from Honolulu to Bejing and points east.

Honolulu to SF, St Louis, New York, Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Munich, Budapest, Kiev, Volgograd, Urumqi, Bejing, Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Kolkata, New Delhi, Kabul, Tehran and then back up toe Volgograd and then head west back to Honolulu stopping along the way at most cities to get bux and coin jobs. I revised my railroad somewhat since my last post. Now I have that straight line I listed and two other big circle lines.

One starts in Vancouver and runs south to Fortaleza then across the ocean to Dakar, back up to Paris and then up to Tasilaq, down to Montreal and then back to Vancouver. The other starts in Berlin and goes east to Sendai, down to Tokyo, then south to Kupang, back up to Kolkata, Baghdad and then back to Berlin.

Then I have several smaller RR's

Last edited by PocketDaddy45; 03-13-2014 at 08:59 PM..
Old 04-01-2014, 01:27 AM

I think it's time for me to put pocket trains on the shelf for a while.

As much as I've really tried to like it, it just doesn't stand up to pocket planes. I've spent the long cold winter working my way through this game. But somehow I always come away feeling unsatisfied. Every time when I gain some ground, I slip back down the minute I try to reap what I've sown.

The most frustrating thing is that this game could easily be so much more enjoyable. Because I really want to enjoy this game. But as it is, I stopped playing pocket planes for this. Now I'm tired of this and am not even remotely interested in the other NimbleBit games.

I can't help feel like I'm not alone. There is about a third of the traffic on this topic than on the pocket planes topic even though this is newer and fresher.

I'll keep an eye out to see if they make any updates to the game. One can only hope...

Last edited by Hwy.Star; 04-01-2014 at 07:36 PM..
Old 04-06-2014, 03:13 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quick question... Does anyone have a screenshot or a guide to a good, useful plan of trails? It is the hardest thing in here, I guess.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:43 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Does anybody still go on this forum?
Old 06-13-2014, 06:45 PM

Interesting one
Old 10-02-2014, 09:26 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Finally picked this one up after a long while. And I'm disappointed to find they changed the music!!! It used to rotate between two very relaxing tunes that used to bring me back often. But now the one tune I've heard over and over is SO grating. I'm sick of it after 2 minutes of playing. Does anyone know where I can download the original music? I'm going to try and put it back in this app so I can enjoy it again.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 2.x

I'm still playing PT! I've completed 260 daily events. Level 41. I have 11,121,449 coins and 22,622 BUX.

The key to enjoying this game I've found is to do only one license at a time so I rotate between them and try not to connect to another continent/license. The bux are much more frequent. The best hands down is Europe. The major cities closer together and the coins/bux are much more efficient. I usually complete a daily event within an hour or two.

A fun little game. Thanks NB!
Old Today, 12:36 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Can't believe I've only just found this game it's more fun than I was expecting, is this game still going strong (updates etc) or is there any newer alternatives out there. Also what does your guys Europe maps looks like, I'm struggling to decide on a layout for mine